Saturday 11 July 2015

Tester trailer trip went good, BBQ today!

Wayne and I went for a trip to Duncan Thursday so I could get used to towing the trailer, and also get used to hooking up and taking off the trailer. I learned some more, thanks to Wayne showing me what to do as I about the jobs. There is allot to remember when hooking up the trailer, I have now started a list that I will add to as time goes on. Same for when unhooking, I will make sure these lists are continuously updated as I do now for the cabin list we have for packing to go the cabin.

The trip to Duncan was good, not a problem when traveling on the highway, but entering and leaving is where problems can happen. I turned off at the Canada avenue exit, and that went good at the roundabout, but judging how much time I will need to excel once I enter traffic again is something I will have to get used to. Canada avenue is narrow in some places, especially when there is a left turn lane beside straight through lane, trailer just fits inside the lines.

Next learning is when making a right turn off the road into any driveway, you have to judge carefully how wide to go and how tight I can turn, as the trailer could contact the truck cab. Do not want to hurt either of my babies!

Parking the trailer afterward in the same place in our RV park was difficult as there is another RV there now, and a boat in my way, again good for me to learn how to get around a problem.

All in all was a good experience, and will be ready for the drivers exam on the 22nd. Have to practice the walk around checks yet.  

Today is Saturday, having a BBQ with Neighbours and Friends, should be a fun day, will get to know a few neighbours from close by, and a few new neighbours in our small community. Looking forward to tonight, GTG as have much to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment