Thursday 24 September 2015

Healdsburg to San Francisco

We left early yesterday, and made the trip at a good time, as I think traffic get busier as the day moves on. By noon we made our way to Marin RV Park, on the sunny side of the bridge, as they advertise.  With help from Polly and our GPS, we made it to within 2 blocks away, then it said we had arrived on left??? What, no place on the left, was a highway! Hmm, quick decision time, in middle of intersection, ok, turn right down short road, and regroup. Park, and ask someone where this place was? Yep should have just kept going on the road, place was 2 blocks further on the right. OK, Now turn around again... Practice makes perfect... LOL

As I try to make the turn around, and man comes out from the garage, and looks, and walks up to me and I roll down the window and he says "GPS Huh!"  LOL, he says it happens about 2-3 times a month, at least you don't have a car, un hook, and hook back up...  I just had to laugh. All this with an American drawl accent. Got turned around with Polly's help, and off we went to our new home for the next 4 days.  

Check in was easy, but long as all we had to learn about the place and transit to and from the city, places to see and rules of the park, which I usually break right away. Now the tough part, back into our site! Was not too hard, just a few back and forward, (well maybe a few more) with help from Polly again, may have to take out that back up camera we bought before we left and try it next time.

All went well, no bangs, and now setup again. We are getting better at this, but today I did stop when Polly said lunch.

After lunch, I went out and had a look around, and saw the pool, now I know what's next. Polly  puts on her suit, me I always have mine on, she takes some laundry, and we make our way to the laundry room, then to the pool.

As we cross to the pool I get a comment from a man waiting in his van, and he says I got a shirt like that! I look down at his plate, which says Beautiful BC. Dam if he wasn't from Gibson's, BC and just did same trip as us. Of course had to have a talk with him.

Pool time, now this is so nice, water was warmer that the river, and just so clean, was a salt water pool. Yep I could get used to this. Of course we met others at the pool, a man his wife and 2 daughters from Denmark, and he wanted to know what a motor home was worth here. He was pointing to one  by the office. I say between 150, to two hundred, he says a million? Noo, thousand. He is surprised, as where he lives a car, a small one is 100 thousand. Wow, well glad I live here.  They were nice to talk with, he is a construction worker, her a butcher. Both had 4 weeks vacation, and first time to USA.
We stay here tonight, no big plan, dinner and get to talking with neighbours from Texas, who have just been to Alaska, and back along the coast. They did stop outside of Vancouver, and took their jeep off the motor home and went to Victoria for a day.

We talked about BC, Alaska, and Texas, they live just outside Huston, so had much to talk about. Hope to talk with them again.

Nice to be in one place for awhile, I will enjoy retired travel better, as don't have to move so often so quick. The evening was warm, and today we look forward to seeing the sights of the city, and meeting up with our friend Sarah Montaro for a chat, and visit as she works close to China town.

No comments:

Post a Comment