Sunday 20 September 2015

Today Polly and I went into Eureka city.

We saw the best and worst of the city. Before we left a neighbour in the park said the town was not a great place to visit, go to Arcata, much better place to visit. Now looking at what we saw, I see why he said that. More rubies, and people that had seen the worst in life. Polly and I talked about how they got where they are? I shake my head, and Polly does too. Polly says she feels bad for them, and how did they get there? Abuse when young? I say who knows. Have to deal with what comes, and do yer best, my take on life. Many people as we drive through town are marginalized, and a friend of ours labels them. I see people camping close to Wal-Mart, and where they can get free something. Shit happens, what you do about it has to do with you! My take on it...

What we did see that was interesting, even more a few miles north in Arcata was Hippies doing same as we saw in the 70's... Wow if I had my camera, I would have some 60's pics. head bands, dread locks, and all the garb I call hippie crap. Dancing around, smokin pot, and giving hugs, while ignoring the town next door that could use some help. Gee I guess the well to do hippies are still doin OK! They had a festival as they called it, tents all around the square with many things that didn't sell over the summer, for one last chance to make a buck, while saying love and peace and a hug for your $... LOL

I saw when we left this town they had the university above the town, I wonder aloud how much this played on what was going on? The guy I talked with this morning said there is a separation between people that have education in this town, and others. I wonder what that does here, and all over the California, gee the world?! He also said that he had the same experience when going to small towns, and rural areas, he was helping people that had children that needed special help. They would say you are not from here, and would reject him, as he was not  from their town, area!  

Yes I Learned again today, and will continue. I also learned I can cook a sirloin steak like I did last night, with thin strips, on a shish kabob that was tender, and tasty. I also learned that salmon on the BBQ is great in tacos, soft tacos. Mmmm I like this dinners late,  and Margaritas in the late afternoon, in the sun is just the best. Polly and I are happy to know we are so happy, and are doing what we want, before we can't.  

No comments:

Post a Comment