Friday 25 December 2020

Christmas morning waking up early

We had a few dropoffs of goodies yesterday of some different things. Thanks to all that stopped by for a quick chat with home made goodies, was a different day, cold and busy I was, forgot it was Christmas Eve until I came in from my lumber yard with frozen feet, and looked at Bosco, he needed a walk. So off I go around the campsite for a short walk, took out my phone to look at the date, and holly crap, it's Christmas Eve 😳😄🤣 well that was a first. Too busy to notice what day it was. Still shaking my head. 

The evening went by fast too, we watched a sappy movie, paused it,  as Polly made a Mmm good dinner, this time with her fresh made buns we had hamburgers. Mmm 😋. And her special french fries.
 Back to the movie, then watched one about being in a video game, I didn't watch it much, was messaging on the phone. 

Bed for me before the movie ended. Polly not far behind. A quiet Christmas Eve it was. 

Up early, too early, but if I can't sleep no use rolling around thinking of what I might do next 😄 

So up I get, and coffee on, dishes done, and I read a book of poetry given to me by Bob Collins to read. Written by Peter Trower, I had never heard of him before, but won't forget him now. 

The book is poems all about and around logging, camps, and almost everything that applies to the early days of logging. So real the writing is I can smell the wood, the ground, and hear the talk, the lines, the whistles and feel the rain and snow. I read 3 poems, one was very long, and I have to put it down. I don't want to rush though this book, it's too much of a gem. 

I don't think often of the days logging or forestry, or the other many jobs I did. But when it rains hard, and is cold, and windy I remember those days when I didn't want to be there. Of all of them I can only remember 1 day where I just couldn't stay. I had a cold, and this guy wanted to stop as we planted to the back end, he wanted us to all wait in the rain while he had a smoke. I can remember I was wet, and cold and felt like shit, I'd had enough. I threw my tools, and trees, and off I marched to the bottom of the hill saying, "Fuck this, I ain't sitting here in the rain waiting for you! I'm going home." 

Home I went, called the foreman on the radio, and was home for a couple days. Just couldn't take it.

Most of the time we all talked about going home, but just hunkered down and pushed through the crappy days. Funny how the crappy ones you remember just so much more. 😊😄

Any way Christmas day, and my 2nd coffee this one with some home made Bailey's, thanks Leslie. Rains pounding on the roof, and I'm dry, warm and don't have to go out in it anymore unless we run outta propane, and I have to switch the tanks 😆

Poinsettia has dropped many leaves now, messaged my daughter, her and her son Dax were still up, storm kept them awake. Lol storm, I say. This is just rain, I know a storm. 

Life is good, so good when all goes the right way. I'm a very lucky man ❤️🤗

Merry Christmas everyone 💖🎄☃️


No comments:

Post a Comment