Saturday 19 December 2020

Staying in one place RV travels ☺️

Staying in one place travel seems like a Oxymoron (had to look that up) and it is.
Well we stay here we still travel in many ways. We are always keeping up with others travels on FB or through messenger, emails and just connected as others we know are still traveling in USA, Canada & Mexico. Some are making short journeys, some much farther, but traveling just the same. As we watch we learn as if we are traveling too. Not as we planned, but still fun to watch others and see what there life's like now we are restricted to staying put. 

         Youtube videos help me learn

Another way I have been enjoying our stay is through youtube. So many subjects to investigate, and so many different people that video many subjects. I never understood why my grandchildren would say when I asked "watcha been up to" they would say "watching YouTube" 

Now I get it, if you want to do something, or are interested in something, it's there. Not only is there a video, but there are many, and done in so many different ways. This new to me way of researching something is mind boggling. 

I started out with how to install my Satellite dish in the new trailer, then how to skirt the trailer, now onto woodworking and so much to learn, and many projects to do. This is my way to travel and stay in one place. 

As I listen to the people explain what they are making, and how to do it, I am also learning where they are, and what it's like there. Armchair travel I'm thinking πŸ€”, all the same I'm enjoying learning how to make what interests me, as well as making what Polly wants out of the woodwork I'm doing. 
         My tent workshop 

I thought about making a video or 2 myself, but for now I'm going to stick to the fun I'm having making things myself, rather than showing others my screw ups.

Yesterday was a rain storm, didn't get much done, but today I'll complete my bench

           My working plans for the bench

which will make for a better workspace, with a little more movable room in my makeshift tent/shop. 

As for projects, I have completed 7 cell phone holders, sold 1 one, made 1 for Polly, and 5 for presents. I'll make a few more as time goes, they are a fun project that lets me use the 2 tools I bought this year, a band saw and a router. Both give me so much variety in what I can make now. 


Also completed a planter for Shayla, my grandaughter, hoping she will have a beautiful flower garden this year, she did enjoy growing a few things last year.


I have a sign project I've started by drawing on the piece of yellow cedar that I brought in and dried by the heater to make it workable. Looking forward to this. 

I have much lumber thanks to Andrew bringing me some of the leftovers he gets from a sawmill friend. This wood is all wet, so was looking at a small kiln to dry it, but that's not likely to happen this year. 

Planning ahead I'm thinking of where to store my shop tools and wood when we travel again, and haven't got a sure plan yet, but am researching possible places here in Port Alberni. Likely will stop in here yearly to visit and regroup, and do some creative Woodworking 😊

In the meantime, Polly's baking up a storm right now, got a few people she wants to give some baked presents to. Those lucky people πŸ˜‹


Saturday morning in the dry weather, looking forward to the day. Life is just so good here and now. Love our life πŸ€—❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment