Wednesday 13 January 2021

Freedoms

I remember a friend describing to me how he felt when he got his first boat, launched it and his description has stuck with me. He said he felt free, he could go anywhere he wanted, water ways were open, and nobody around, "I can just go where ever I want!" 

This stuck with me because I think many of us like this idea, Freedom. 

Today we are all feeling that locked down feeling, but if you look around there are still Many many freedoms we have. Freedom to make a good cup of coffee ☕ in the morning, I really like that. Freedoms to watch most any Chanel on so many different network's. Freedom to walk most anytime, anywhere you want. And freedom to go fishing almost anytime, any where. Now that's one I have yet to use this last few years. 

I fished alot my first 50 or so years, so since retirement I have only dipped a rod a few times, even though I've had the rods in the trailer all the time. 
My point is that we have many freedoms available, but often concetrate on what we can't do. Funny how we think hey, just can't do this, can't do that. Lol 😂 Yes I'm laughing, as it is kinda funny how we yern for what we see as restrictions, yet what we can do we disregard. 

I do take advantage of what I can do, and woodworking has been a fun time for me. 

Walking is also a great way to enjoy the day. Pictures also a driver for me, I find myself thinking as I talk with a friend sometimes of what a beautiful picture that would be, not really like that, more like hmm, I like that view, shot, glimpse, feeling. That's it, the shot I want is attached to a feeling about what that beautiful sight gives me. 

Now I have attached a feeling to it, I want to capture it in a photo to show others, or just to look at it myself. If you 🤔 think of what looks interesting, beautiful, it is attached to your feelings, what makes you go Ahh!

Hmm, 😀 I guess that's why they call these emojis hey, they represent a feeling we want to attach to, or in place of word's. 
I use these often, and like them. I'm 🤔 because I am a very emotional person. 

Now to the just of today. I read a obituary that was about a friend's best friend that died. I got about 3 lines into it, and was teared up, so a wipe of the eyes, and a few more lines, and again I'ma blubbering. I did finish the obit, and got to know the man a little in what was written. Sounded like a person I would like. 
Made me start thinking I really don't want to be around to see my friends go, but on the other hand I don't really want to go first! 😳😀😂

So now what? Well I start my day now, Polly gets up and we sit freely, having our coffee ☕ together side be side, at 5am. 
What's your mission today I ask? Polly says"Cinnamon buns, we are going to drop some off today" I love Polly! 🤗♥️

Me on the other hand, I'm going to make a few small projects for a couple grandchildren today. Something I think they will like. 

           Wall mount fishing rod holders

Life is good if you just keep looking at what you can do, not at what you can't 😀

Loving Life here at Arrowvale Campground

No comments:

Post a Comment