Sunday 2 May 2021

Possibilities


Polly's handy work πŸ˜ƒ

Having used the term possibilities for a long time, I'm learning others do the same. Saying yes more than no, using possibility in my thoughts and speach has helped create opportunity that would not have been without dreaming what could be. 

Is this how inventors create there ideas? I'm not sure, but thinking of what outcome you want, then rolling it around in your mind is one way of creating, but talking with others, and developing the idea πŸ’‘ is what's truly fun. 

When I wake early as I most often do, I pay attention to what I'm thinking as I wake. No particular reason, just to see how my thoughts are, where I start my day. Sometimes is something left from the day before, incomplete, sometimes new, and sometimes is something that has bothered me for a long time. Sometimes I just wished I could sleep like Polly πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚

Today I started thinking of the bowling that I went to with family at our bowling alley, for our grandson Jesse's 13th birthday. Was fun to watch, and play a game I hadn't played for years, like riding a bike, it all came back to me fast. Just not exactly the same, as when I bowled we were taught to be aware of others in lanes beside you, and wait till was your turn to bowl, uninterrupted by others beside you. 
This was not how this went. But it was fun, was a small amount of people, and masks were worn till we got seated, and people were having fun. 


Just for a moment in time my mind went back to what the world was like before this virus, and the well meaning people have created. I'm not going to yak about it here, just know I'm not all onboard with how the world has changed, just making my way through it like many others.

Now back to possibilities, I had a neighbor stop by as I was cleaning up outside, and we had a good talk about how he has been observing me, doing this, doing that. He said you been making things all over the place. LoL I had a good laugh, and I explained my "Say Yes" attitude, and he wanted to understand that, like did you say no before. I said before I would often have to think about it, maybe yes maybe no. 

When I say yes, that leaves me free to explore, the possibility, and go from there. As we talked he came with a request, and as he was asking, he said, I guess I know the answer already asking me to do something, we had a laugh, and I said "Yes" he wants a box made that is multi use, for tools, and a seat and storage inside and on top. I said, lemme get my tape measure, lol. Not right now, he said, when he had more time, we would come up with a plan.

 Just this conversation was fun. I do like to explore ideas for resolving problems, what I really like is creating beautiful wooden projects that show off the beauty of the wood. 

I like that it is not perfection I'm shooting for, but Beauty of the wood, inside and out. 
       Still thinking about this piece

I still have some wood left, and looking like we may stay put a little longer than I thought. The neighbor offered me some wood, check out what's there, you can use what I have, I have no use for it. 

Being careful, I said, I'll look, but I'm trying to use up what I have. 

And on it goes, every day another project comes my way, by just saying "Yes" and creating the possibility.

Makes for a great feeling. 

We had a fire yesterday, we had wieners and cake. Today we just might have another fire, just for good measure, still some cake left πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒ

 Our lives are altered right now, doing what we can to make life somewhat normal as we remember it, is how we survive. Soon things will change again, and travel will be our way again. For now it'll have to be cake and possibilities πŸŽ‚πŸ€” 

Loving life here at Arrowvale πŸ€—❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment