Sunday 11 July 2021

Life is funny. Started this post last January, finished it today.

      Colton's family, Chris, Ciara & Chase

We think we are at the best place, then something happens, and we realize there is a glitch. Our plans have to change. So we adjust, and make a change. 

Here we are in our home town, staying put waiting for someone to say it's ok to go again. LoL, I think we may have to wait for a long time. Been almost a year already, now as it seems to be getting worse we will wait longer again. All of us wonder when, and yet no word. I haven't given up, still making plans, and even made a reservation today for September, felt good to plan ahead. Got a site we wanted, in a place where we want to go, with friends we hope to see. 

Next was a realization I had today as I was working on my table, there was a time when I had to just go slowly with the jigsaw. My impatient self wanted to push through, and another part of me remembered a long time ago when I would be alone in the garage I had rented, grinding the heads for my engine. A tedious job, but I liked the work. When I was doing the sanding today, and running the jigsaw, I felt like, just like I was 15 or 16 again, just putting my head down and concentrating on the job at hand. 

      The table I made last winter in use

So, Funny how we think, when we are doing what we really like. Just completely absorbed in the moment. 

Forward 6 months

When we came to Grande Prairie this time we had a trailer belly full of goodies for family and friends. That was the absolute best feeling to give someone something they wanted and loved. 

On the other hand the creation of these gifts was selfish on my part as I enjoyed every moment of there creation. If someone paid me to do what I did, it wouldn't be as enjoyable. Dust, noise, cold, heat, just some uncomfortable moments. I loved them all as I was totally absorbed in the moments that created the goods. 

Happy to give, especially when received with such appreciation & love. 

Today we travel to Dawson creek, a night or 2 at Mile O RV park and a visit with Uncle Doug. Monday he turns 92, we will celebrate that with him. What a milestone, 92 years. He told me last year as we stopped in Harrison lake to visit a friend that he remembers cutting down a huge Douglas fir in 1938. It was 81/2 feet wide at the butt. He told me he remembers where the stump was exactly, and wanted me to go there and find a man that he knew then. "He would know, he would show you the stump" WOW I thought, what memories we have. 

I did drive by, I did ask about the man at the store, but nobody remembered him. 
Uncle Doug did, just like it was yesterday. 

Sun's up now, another beautiful day ahead.
Looking forward to travel again 😊🤗♥️

Today another gift, and more memories will be made. I wonder if they will be long lasting, or short and fleeting? 

Yesterday we made some long lasting memories, we enjoyed our family and friends, gave a few pictures, hugs, and shared dinner. Pictures were taken, solidifying the time in our memory of this exact time, and what it meant to us. 

           Colton's smiling 😊

      Polly grandmother's as she loves ♥️

             Proud Grandpa

I take alot of pictures, some say way too many, I just love it. This is my way of seeing and enjoying the beauty I see. For every picture I post you may see, I'm sure I've taken fifty I have not shown. 

Deleting photos is hard for me, as I do have memories attached to the photo, of the walk, the sounds, the smells, the weather, the love. So much can be captured in a photo. 

Uncle Doug took many videos, he has been trying to condense them, and narrate them so people can view them when he's gone, and know what the times ment to him. He has not been too successful at it, but is a continuous desire of his. I hope to watch a few of his movie's with him today. 

Yesterday I got to enjoy our grandson Colton, and family Chris, Ciara, Chase, Three dogs, Gunner, Blue, and Winter, even the neighbors stopped over for a "Hi how are you, how's the new baby." They had a baby 6 weeks ago. Their cat Finnegan followed them, and even there other cat came over. Was a really nice moment in time. 

Family pictures were taken just before this meeting, and that is preserved in my mind now, the pictures are great, they preserve the memory. 

When I make something as I did, it preserves in my mind the moment making it and giving it. And as pointed out by Wendy Crispin, the horse made for Colton will likely be a family heirloom. I had never thought of that before. Makes me kinda proud and happy 😊

Ciara is the person that wanted the rocking horse, Chris wanted it like a Mustang. I got to enjoy making it. Polly gets to tell the story, she's very good at this. Chase watches as all happens. And we all build a memory of this time. 

The picture just cements it in our mind. 


A moment in time, that's important to us.
 I want to remember these days 😊🤗♥️


5 comments:

  1. Love the narrative. Enjoy the beauty around you. Creating memories. Documenting the memories with pictures. Life is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing! Your memories and plans are places I would love to see someday. Safe travels and keep the shiny side up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome ! I have missed reading about your travels ..so nice to read them again :-) Great pictures of the two of you and your family there :-) I truly get it about the creating and taking pix as I am the same when making (creating) cards ...which I have hundreds of photos as I take a picture of each one . looking for a way to condense them as well . Love you you document your lovely life. Hugs to both of you ..and your family :-) and thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am lucky to have been able to watch some of your creations get born. Both you and Polly inject so much love and life into the art you make, that spreads it far and wide. You are joys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going through our blog today I see comments. Happy to know others are reading, many have told me that they couldn't comment here for some reason. Looking like this is changing.

    ReplyDelete