Tuesday 20 July 2021

Vlog or Blog?

Us being Goofy, and just having fun in the Sun 😎 after our drive.

I was told recently do a vlog instead of a blog post. I was saying no to this idea, and still not sure, but it may be easier to do, and fun too. Polly and I were just messing around yesterday with a short vlog type post. I'll have to go look and just see what others are posting, as I want the change to be fun, not a job.

As we travel north keeping in touch with others becomes difficult. First our cell signal drops after Fort St. John, then internet become more difficult to get, have to position ourselves close to the signal. Then no signal at all. Makes this time much less easy to keep in touch. Having a conversation with friends Americo & Claudette in the visitors center in Watson lake was fun. We picked a comfortable bench,


and talked and laughed as we always do with these good friends.

A conversation with others that are not as connected to there messenger proved not as good. I did get through to our Daughter, and set up a visit with her later today when we will be in Whitehorse, all going well.

We stayed last night in a RV park/Motel/Gas station, Restaurant, Gift shop/Post office @ Teslin, Yukon. Is 1/2 way between Watson lake & Whitehorse.


 Was a good place to stop, about 3pm, time for set-up, a beer and tunes. We sat outside and talked, & laughed, as we watched the clouds form,


and planned where to next, and how long to stay where. Always looking towards our trip end, with unsure boarder openings, we do our best to plan a possible Alaska visit.

After a couple hours in the sun, the clouds became a cover so inside we went.


The wind came, and rains looked sure, even a couple drops on us, but no, no rain. Just wind, dark clouds, and then it blew over. Turned into a calm quiet evening. We watched a bit of tv, then a movie we had started watching in the morning, with Tom Hanks and a soccer ⚽ ball called Wilson 😊

Today we will drive to Whitehorse, setup for a weeks stay there while we look around the city and area. August 9th was announced today as the date Canada will start letting US tourists into Canada, tested, and shots are the requirements. No announcement yet from USA when we will be allowed to travel into the states.

Polly and I talked about this quite abit, why is it taking so long? What's the his up? How are they going to check if you are vaccinated, what kind of documents will you need? I'm thinking as we travel to the states, they don't have this ready yet. Are we going to have it on or attached to our passports? The BC government is who was in charge of our vacation, so how will it work?

We gave up the subject after awhile, and planned the time we would start our return to the island, regardless if we went to Alaska or not.

The days are long now, when we go to bed, still light out, and 3am light again, I didn't want to get up, but at 4am, I had to. So watch a little TV, news no sound LoL 😆, and then turn off and write in my notes, hoping I can transfer to my blog.

Moskitos are a concern, when we left Liard Hot springs I was outside awhile trying to wash some of the bugs off the trailer, just give it a little cleaning. Moskitos were after me full, but instead of lathering up with bug juice I just pushed through, and took the bite's and worked fast.

When we finally were all packed, I was crabby. Polly was like 😳 what the heck! LoL, I was sweating, hot, moskito bit, and wanted to go. Polly was relaxed and wondering what I was so impatient about. Well after a couple quick snaps, and a little cooling down, we laughed. Was intense bug miss-management I call it now, I have to prepare for the moskitos,  get my bug gaurd on, even if I don't like the smell.

Sofar bugs have not been as bad as I know they can be. Most days in the afternoon no prob, but having bug spray on does make it just a little less tense. 😊

Will go see if I can post this now 😜🙃😃

Another day in our life, love this life. 🤗❤️

1 comment: