Saturday 10 July 2021

In a working man's town, well really a working Town, everybody's working.

   Our new addition, 
    Colton William Kenneth Browning


Surprise waking to rain this morning. Nice to have a little cool down.

We have been busy enjoying family & friends while while here in Grande Prairie, our stay has been wonderful. Yesterday was great, Ciara got out of hospital, (sooner than she expected) so we had a chance to visit with Chris, Ciara, Chase & their new addition Colton in the afternoon. I remember now what soft skin a baby has, he just looks so purfect. 



Polly held him as soon as we got in the house, I almost had to pull him outta her grip 😆 so I could have a good look. He was very content, we all love him. Chase has a brother, I'm looking forward to seeing them both grow up. 

I'm a soppy kinda guy, but no tears just very happy for them with there new son and brother. Was a very nice visit, love all around us, felt so good. 🤗♥️

We came home after our visit, and wholly crap, almost 4 pm. Waaat, we were to leave at 4 for dinner at Jack & Wendy's and meet there Son and Daughter-in-law John & Matty.

 Well Polly had her appetizer ready, (Crab dip) just a little warmup, and packed and on our way, only a 2 minute drive away. We sprung into the house, as Jack was getting the chicken ready, and Wendy was mixing the salad, felt like coming home, as we stayed next door at there kids house in the driveway when we arrived a week ago. 


Friends who make you feel like family are such a pleasure. We grab a drink, sit and watch them as we all yak, they continue there dinner making performance, and we talk about our new grandchild, and how good it feels, Polly telling how he looks, how she enjoyed the visit. 

Rain in earnist now, nice to hear on the roof.

Our visit was good inside, then to the garage, smoking is part of there lives, so out we go, dinner is on its way, and we sit and enjoy their company. Joke and laugh 🤣😂 and tell stories, some we have told many times before. 

I get reminded of a deal I had made on FB marketplace for some mudflaps to protect the trailer as we travel north. So I let them know I'll be gone for awhile, and Polly stays and off I go. No problem!

On my way back from picking up this mudflap bar, and mudflaps I pass a saw mill. I've passed it before, but this time I think to myself, hey it's front and center in town. Just like in Port Alberni, mills front and center. I just never thought of that before. 

Now comes the thunder, I have not seen the lightning yet, but sure it's out there.

When driving around town here, I do see logging trucks once in awhile, but not as much as oil drilling equipment and tank trucks. I know this is a working town, but I just don't think of the logging and sawmill. 

Then if I really look around I see the farmland all around the town, just surounded by the most beautiful, huge farms. That was the start here, logging, sawmills and farms. Oil came later I think, but oil and gas is what expanded the town to a city. 

Fast paced, and growing is how I would describe Grande Prairie, & young, so many young people. Is nice to see, the future is in places like this. Gee where the heck am I going with this? 😂😆

As we drive into and out of Grande Prairie from our campsite we pass a multitude of equipment working on the new highway expansion, twining the highway, just making it wider I'm thinking, so it can handle more volume is what I'm told. 

Thunder right above now, 😀 I like the sounds. 

This place is growing in leaps a and bounds, every time we come, new this and new that. I like to see it, and enjoy the whole experience. When you live here I'm sure it gets to be ole hat, same ole same ole. But for me as I walk and drive the town, all's new, all's interesting. Eye's wide open I would say. 

But that Mill, I just didn't see it the way I did yesterday, just passed by it and didn't pay it any mind. 

The wind now, the push after the storm. I'm guessing it's passing by now.

Meeting John and Matty in the garage as I came back was nice, and dogs, there were 5 and so many different personalities in them. 

We talked outside till dinner was ready, Jack in and out BBQing chicken as he came back and forth. Wendy was most all done her prep. Was a most relaxing time being with friends. 

Dinner was excellent, half chicken pieces, I didn't take a picture of were in a huge bowl, and salad, corn, with a forgotten beautiful potato salad in the fridge, darn lol.  Was fun to meet John and Matty with Jack & Wendy. We are welcomed back, John says a 30amp plug be there next time we show up. Nice 😃 
     Dog's loaded first, then John & Matty

Wholly crap, now the winds shaking the trailer 😳

We leave tomorrow for Dawson creek, another short visit with Uncle Doug, and then we travel north to see country we have not seen before. Dam I'm excited.

Will be happy and sad time, to leave family and friends with a new baby here though, but knowing we will return before we head back to the island, that's a good feeling. Knowing we will see them all again in the not to distant future. 

Calm now, the storm has past I think. No more rain, wind has eased. That was fast. 

Polly sleep's as I write. Sometimes I wished I could sleep in, and once in awhile I do, but mostly I wake early and enjoy the day, early morning - till almost dark. 

Wholly shit, I ran outta Kleenex, must have been soppy-er than I thought. 😊

I sure do love this life 🤗♥️

I took a short walk, and took a few pics of the sky, storms still on. 

Polly's up now, coffee ☕ she asks, nope I'm done, thanks. Our day begins, and I'm finished this short story 😃😆😂

Dinner tonight with Chris Ciara Chase & Colton William Kenneth Browning. What a handle 🤗🤗🤗♥️♥️♥️ 
Get a picture of the whole family together, that's my goal later today. 

Sun's out now. LoL what fun weather 👍

Was going to wash the truck today. Hmm, 🤔 maybe another day. 🙂



No comments:

Post a Comment