Saturday 22 January 2022

Highways, Frieght trucks & traveling.


I find the highway traffic interesting as we stay in an RV park where I can see the traffic go by out our rear window. I wake early almost every morning, before the sun comes up and people start moving in the park. I hear the trucks and smaller traffic going by, I try to guage what time it is by the amount of traffic passing as I lay in bed. I'm not always right, this morning I thought 5am, was actually up at 4 😁 

The traffic is minimal in the night, but early in the morning it gets heavier, trucks make up a huge part of this on this one of many interstate highways. Highway#8.

This leads me to think of just how much we depend on trucking of goods we need to every corner of our world. Not a small task, every thing we want or need came to us in a trailer, attached to a truck. Before covid we all just took the supply of our goods for granted, when we went to the store the shelves were always stocked. Covid shutdown the world in many places. And fast! 

People started to stockpile immediately when the rumor's started, toilet paper, paper towels, napkins. I was shocked, stores couldn't keep enough on the shelves. Not because they couldn't get it at that time, the demand was just too great. To this day we go to the store and something's we expect to be there are just not, sometimes. 

         This truck is loaded with cars being
          shipped east to Pennsylvania area. 

As we travel we learn alot, trucks are where ever we are. Mostly big trucks & trailers, but in town there are also many smaller delivery trucks. Here at the resort we see FedEx, UPS, usMail, (our mail room staff pick that up I found out) Repair vans, Washing vans always something, someone coming in delivering a package, or a service. 

I think we are so fortunate, we wake, pickup our phone, looking at what we say we need, punch a few buttons, well actually just tap a screen, and a few hours, days or heaven forbid a whole week or more, and our goods arrive. We are now used to this kind of service. When this service is interupted we act like this is abnormal. In a few years we have come to believe that anything we want will appear at our door in minutes, days or a week,  But it will appear! 

If those trucks stopped, we would be so screwed. I like what we have now, I like to order from the phone, and get what I want when I want it. 

Our system we have in place, highways, Frieght trucks, delivery vans, mail room, site delivery all depend on manufacturing, and that depends on raw resources. Our cell phones are made of tiny little pieces, but they all came from this earth. No astroid dropped them here, we humans, some very smart, developed the process to make what we need and want, and trucks are just a part of the puzzle. 

I laughed just now, as I stopped for a second and looked up, another truck went by, lights all along the side, and then another then quiet for a moment, then another. Is a comforting feeling, knowing that this virus we have been dealing with has almost run it's course, and people in trucks are working to catch up so we can once again expect to see what we order show up in days. 

Are we finished, is this the end? I'm not sure, but here in Yuma, Arizona I have felt much different than in BC, even if we hear of covid here, people are not nearly as scared now. 

Going into Mexico next, there are some that warn us they wouldn't go, it's the stories, the big unknown that holds us all back. Tuesday we make the move, and if like we experienced in February of 2020 San Carlos is as expected, and I think it will be, we are about to enjoy a great time, meeting new and different people, enjoying food that we may not have had before, seeing sights we have not seen before, and hearing a few less trucks, and more cars. 

It will be different, and that's what is exciting about traveling, new and different experiences.

It's now 5:14am, I'm about as awake as I can be, I just felt Polly move about in the bedroom.
Another truck goes by πŸ˜ƒ

It's Saturday morning, we have a Poker tournament today at Fortuna de Oro, Duane and Charlie and others put this on, there will be many there, and some will wear masks, and some will not. Normal is beginning to happen. I'm happy to say this makes me feel so good. 

Always looking forward in this life we liveπŸ€—♥️

Polly got up 😳, I'm surprised, 5:28 and Polly sitting beside me ♥️πŸ€— yup, life is good πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Another truck πŸš› went by 😊

1 comment:

  1. Love your 'musings' .. and how you love life :-) Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences :-) Have a fabulous day and safe travels :-) Sunny but cool here this morning but lots of signs of spring's arrival and I love that. Huge hugs to both of you and please keep sharing your thoughts and pictures ..especially of that adorable little grandson and Polly's amazing creations :-) :-) :-) (I use to cook like that ..not anymore tho) Safe travels my friends :-) Sharon

    ReplyDelete