Sunday 13 March 2022

Emotional start to the day today

Woke at 4:30 am today, feeling refreshed know I won't be able to sleep again so up I get, pee wash my face and make coffee ☕ next on my agenda. Warm in the house this morning, no need for furnace to take the cool away. Put on fireplace for a few minutes to just make it toasty. 

Looking through Facebook and saw a post someone had put up, by Dan Fogelberg song was "Leader of the band" I've heard this song before, but really listened this morning, the video photo was kinda like this


Lyrics were coming up as the video played. I'm not sure why it hit me today, but it did, and set the tone for my early morning walk. 

We leave here tomorrow, has been a nice time here, renewing friendships from a couple years ago, and making new friends as we go. Enjoying the beach and surrounding area, shopping and restaurants, Wrecked at the beach planned for our afternoon today will be fun, band playing on the beach, good food, friends, and sunny day. What more could I hope for on our last day here. 

Happy hour after will be our last with the nucleus of 3 couples we have been traveling with since the early part of January, Rock & Janine going West. Mike & Sharon Polly & I going to Tucson. 

Had to go for the hot tub after the cool beach walk this morning. Now writing here 😎

Traffic going by in the gravel, and birds singing, Tony & Loki stopped by on their walk & said Hi. Wrecked on the beach today 👍 they'll be there. 

So quiet now, what a great start to my day.

Just met a couple this morning staying here, had not seen the hot tub before, funny they been here awhile too. Had a good chin wag with them, talked about San Carlos, he wanted all the road travel info, sounds like we might see them there next time. He shook my hand, and said pointedly, " You Canadians are the most friendly people" that felt good, of course I had to say " I find that people are friendly wherever I go!" 😄

Margret just after me about the cinnamon buns Polly's baking, Marg such a great person. We have had much fun here, friends are our gift as we go. 

Such a wonderful life we live 🤗♥️ 
Love this life 😍

 

1 comment: