Monday 21 March 2022

Squandering your Sunday. I thought I might but then I got busy. 😀


This photo I took while we were in Bisbee, AZ thinking to myself why wear a flag? It's a fashion statement I'm guessing, but as a Canadian I just don't understand. Not that I'm not proud to be Canadian, just our way is different. My way is different. I have a small flag on the Hitch of our trailer, stating I'm Canadian and proud of it. Having a huge flag on a tall flagpole was a problem here in USA as some people took offence to my flag in their country, so I decided to take it down. 

The small flag is all I need, it says what I want. 

Sunday was a very good day. I got ambitious and moved the beer fridge to the basement of our trailer finally, I'd been saying I'd do it for awhile. It was a bigger job than I thought it would be, but it's in there, and our living room is much less cluttered now. 

I got the outside ready for Mondays trip to Phoenix, sewage dumped, and most everything put away. 

I asked Polly and Mike if they wanted to go on a trip to the missile silo, and then the DeGrazia gallery, but both were not into it. 

Was a beauty day to be out on my own. Traffic was not bad, the GPS on my phone makes driving so easy. So much to see here. I coulda been gone for a long time 😆😁
I came home in the late afternoon, after getting some sour cream Polly wanted, I didn't forget. Also fueled up for the next days travel. 

Was a great afternoon, just me the truck, and my own desired desire to see these 2 places.

The missile silo was so amazing, even more interesting than I thought.
 
So much engineering that went into these silos, so much thought & planning.
 
I'm very glad I went, and saw what was. I'm not sure what is now, but I'm sure there is much artillery still available if needed to go into battle.

Then after a quick stop for some chicken nuggets, and a green shake I drove north, and east to the far otherside of Tuscon, next to the mountains to see and artist I had learned of on recommendation by the paperwork we got from the RV park we stayed in. I did a little research first on the man, Ted DeGrazia.
Learning that he burned his artwork in protest of the inheritance taxes that would, or could befall his children after his death. I had to see what he did, know who he was. 

I was not letdown, the gallery of his, and the grounds were such a bizarre difference from where I had just been, I didn't really think about it at the time, but later I realized it was so different. 

Was kind of a long day, but was happy to say I did just what I wanted to that day. Saw 2 new to me things, and made myself think, and write. This might not make sense to some, but to me it was a very good day. 


I write tonight as Polly went to bed, and I have energy 😂, why I don't know. We are now in Phoenix, and settled in. Our plans here are starting, friends to visit, and a few sights to see. Mike is with us, Sharon went home to be with her Mom, it seems like her mom's going to be ok, sounded dire when we first heard of her mom's condition. Hope all's good. 

The news is on, I turn it off, am I an ostrich with my head in the sand? Nope, I just don't want to hear all that's broadcast. 

Polly still has TV in bed room on, I'm going to bed. Was a good day, again.

Happy to be able to write with no fear. 

Till tomorrow, such a happy life we lead 🤗❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment