Thursday 26 May 2022

Ownership

It just struck me this morning as I was scrolling through some FB posts that we likely will never own a home 🏠 in the traditional sense ever again. I'm alright with that, as when we sold our home just before retirement our plan was to travel and see all we could before our health prevented it. 

We are well on our way visiting many people and places as our loose knit plan unfolds. Our trailer is our home, and we both love it. The space is generous, well organized, views change as we move, warm when we need it, and cool when we need it too. We have adapted well I'm thinking, and checking with Polly every once in a while, we both are very happy with what we have, and where we are going. 

So why was I thinking about a house? I'm always looking at the for sale signs around town here, actually everywhere, and thinking that would be a nice place! Gee, that is a nice place, like the look of this neighborhood. 😄 Then comes the thought, I don't want an anchor ⚓ , moving around as we do gives us the freedom to enjoy many places, that was how we started retirement, and how we will continue all going well. 

Where we are right now is a beautiful place, Jack & Wendy are so relaxed about do as you want, no pressure to be here or there, just do what we want or need to do while here. A few jobs they have lined up they call "Brent jobs" as Jack knows his limitations 😆, and I love to do them. 

Visiting Chris & Ciara's home 🏡 gives me the opportunity to do the things I like as well, I get to enjoy the maintenance of a home, without the responsibility of owning. I did like some of ownership, just not wanting it now. 

As I think while writing here, some of the plan I thought of is working out, visit here, then visit there, keep moving as our years go. We have family and friends in many places, seeing them all in one place is unlikely, so moving to there location is the best way to visit with them all. 

Planning ahead I see such a wonderful year ahead, all going well. A little maintenance on our trailer, and truck before we leave GP, and east we go towards family and friends, and sights we have seen before, and many we have not. I love to hear Polly explain where our next adventure is, where we are going, and what route we will take, I love that she's as excited to travel as I am. 

So a house would just get in the way, just as we knew it would when we began this journey into our older age. I believe this keeps us young in spirit, as we often get told, well Polly does, you don't look that old! 😆 
Act your age doesn't apply here 😂😄😆

Living this life we love ❤️ in many places 🤗


No comments:

Post a Comment