Tuesday 1 November 2022

I Made it to Eastman, Quebec

            How's that for a corn 🌽 maze

Was an early getup, Polly was awake at 3am too, shower, and good bye, and Uber to the airport. There at 4am. Airports are so darn big, from the entrance gat where they check you over to the flair gate I was leaving out of was a long walk. I often plan where I'm going when driving, from now on I'm going to do same in and airport. Walked all the way to my gate to find out I had to travel back 1/2 way to get a coffee and a bagel. 

Was not too bad, I had lots of time yet. I sat at a small round table in front of the cookie shop as it was called, the coffee ☕ was just as I liked it, Mmm 😋 I watched people rush by dragging there bags, some tight and organized some dragging a bag with no wheels, was interesting sight as I enjoyed the warm toasty cheese bagel w cream cheese. A comfortable feeling, having much time before my flight left. 

After finishing the bagel and 1/2 my coffee I started back to my gate, as I walked again I'm watching people, rush, and scurry, feeling comfortable knowing exactly where I was headed. As I approached the gate I realized the seat's we're all taken now, I looked around and saw an even better seat, and nobody on it, so I climbed up a couple stars, and ahh, I'm seated above the croud, and comfortable. 

This seat was just like I remembered, soft, and warm, not like when skiing, but did feel the same. I asked a woman standing if she would take a photo, she was happy to. Funny how a small thing like this feal just so good. 

After awhile a man and his nefew joined me, we talked, he was very interesting, a Columbian, rased in LA, that went to university in Montreal, and now traveling for his business all over. His nefew just arrived 2 weeks ago, Art is his name, he's 21, I asked him how long you here for, he shrugged, not sure. I'm sure you've never skied before, no he said, I said you have to try snowboarding, yes he smiled, he said he'd like to. 
We talked and got to know each other for the next while till the flight lines started, and people bunched up, we waited in our seats above the crowd till the line got Small, then we hopped down. Just before I asked another woman to take our photo, she was happy to. 

     Cool dudes on a chair lift at the airport 😁

Now we load, I'm at the very back, as I passed Art, he said, nice to meet you Brent, I said same. Was a very good start to my trip.

It's just starting to get light here, I don't have enough time to finish this, will add more in my next post, I want to load the trailer on the truck and get going. 

Just know I had a great flight, and dinner with Cat, River and there family last night was really good. ♥️🤗

1 comment:

  1. Fun pics! Glad to see your smile...Not being able to fix things is hard for everyone, but I think hardest for fellas. But it sounds like you are finding your peace with it, as much as is possible...Was just thinking how being able to do something with your hands either at the hospital or when you are in your new homestead might be helpful to have an outlet for that energy. Me- I found whittling was good, and you can contain the mess on a towel. You are so good with wood....Better yet, knitting!

    ReplyDelete