Sunday 30 October 2022

Chris is doing good

     Not sure what this is, I liked the shadow's 

What to say when asked, how's Chris? Chris is doing good. Nothing much changed really, he has the tube out of his mouth, now a tube at the base of his throat. A Trach tube. I'm told by the respiratory nurse that it is a real nice job they did, looks good. Chris is now initiating the breathing, but the machine is still breathing for him. 

When they wake him and ask him to open his eyes he's not responding as well as when his medication was greatly reduced. I'm hoping they get back to the lower medication, and he is more responsive again. I'm told they are trying to reduce the propofol, and give him  another medication to keep him calm. When he wakes he gets agitated, this hasn't changed. 

Polly and I went shopping yesterday, Safeway is a 20 min or so walk, not to bad going, but coming home our harm's grew in length lol.
Days are cool, but warmer that it was. I leave tomorrow for Quebec, to move the trailer, not the usual anticipation. Usually we are excited, and looking forward, this is just different. Polly says to me yesterday, maybe this be good for me, just away for awhile will help. Will see.

I find myself taking a few more photos, that's an improvement, I was seeing things before, but just didn't have the desire to pull out the phone. University campus is a big place, and so far to get to everywhere. We have adapted, but next step is taking the bus we are thinking. A very good bus and metro system here, haven't used it yet, no reason yet. 

As time goes on we likely will. Feeling this is going to take longer that I hoped, or thought. 

Preparation for a longer stay is where we are now. As a friend just told me, "get some winter 🥶 clothes" I will be bringing some back when at the trailer, but boots we are going to have to buy. 

The nurse this morning said "you might want to think about after he leaves here, and plan more time then, as now there is lots of support" I Never really thought too far ahead, I'm thinking Chris will be ok after a few more weeks, but I am starting to think be a long time now. 

I just can't not be here now, I just couldn't continue along our merry way, while he's in here, like this. Polly support's this line of thought too, but as time goes we will be able to see how Chris does. Patients is tested here, to the limit. 

A little numb this morning, but positive. 

I remember a saying "This to shall pass" 

I'm going to keep this in mind today.

Shift change about to happen, I'm learning to leave at this time, they have enough to think about without dancing around me in the middle of there checking up. 

Tim Hortons has been a nice place to step into at this time. 🤗❤️


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for keeping us all in the loop again Brent. Do you talk to Chris when you are with him?

    There are studies that say a person in a 'coma' state (even one that is drug induced) benefit from the familiar voices of loved ones. (just as your writings comfort us (and hopefully you in some way with the sharing of your days)

    Recordings (over headphones) apparently those who heard familiar stories repeated by family members four times a day for six weeks, via those recordings played over headphones, recovered consciousness significantly faster and had an improved recovery with the impact of known voices telling the patient familiar stories stored in long-term memory.

    Before this all happened, your writings on your adventure took us all along on your adventure...I think Chris would love to hear your stories of when he was a child, to adulthood...

    You, Polly, Ciara and Chris have an army of your friends and family praying, and sending healing energy to him!

    Stay strong... he knows you're there for him...

    Jul

    ReplyDelete