Tuesday 20 December 2022

My early morning today.

Polly's word's "That sun sure feels nice, I think I'll have to put on my Capris tomorrow " 😀

Our travels have started again, Polly and I both happy to look forward, even though we are still active in getting some movement on Chris's case with the law. Will pause for the Christmas season, take a break from beating my head against the door's of justice, to enjoy the moments here south. 

😳 we had a casualty in the park yesterday 

We shopped yesterday, not my favorite, but if it wasn't for Polly seeing the need, I might be opening a can of I don't know what for dinner, LoL. We went to Walmart, not a favorite of mine (just don't like how the machine operates) and stood in line while an older man on the till fumbled through trying to deal with a customer, I felt for him, thought about how he must feel dealing with this job, I'm sure he needs, yet probably wasn't in his plans going forward in life. 

Then we get a young person who relieves the older guy, she gave us some talk rather than geterdone, that was enough shopping in the big box for me, I'm not going to do that again for awhile, if Polly wants, she can, I'm just not going to, I'll go to a place where they bag my groceries for me and I pay a little more.

LoL, if you didn't know, I'm not a good shopper, I am the kinda person that gets in, get it, and go. If it's not readily available as I get in the store, or I just am not in the mood, I'm outta there. That's my kinda shopping. Polly knows, so when I endure a trip, she knows I'm giving in to her want, or need to get a "good deal".

We did get a couple decent steaks, not great, but acceptable, and nice veggies, and of course I had to get a carton of ice cream 😀
Chocolate, with some nuts. So not all was lost. We had a nice dinner, I got the BBQ out of the basement, even though I wasn't wanting to, and tank out of the truck, and then cooked the steaks. Was nice to have a good dinner with my honey, Polly did a few shrimp up too, made for a really nice dinner. 


                      tasty it was

Doesn't sound like anything different, but it has been a long time since we have been camped, and on our own, in our home. Dinner was nice, no wine, we kinda missed that, but all in all was nice. 

We took a walk in the late afternoon around the campground, and down the dock by the water, met a few people, talked little, petted a few nice dogs, was nice to get out. Polly resisted the walk, but I managed to discard her excuse this time, and she thanked me on return. We held hands, talking and walking was nice. 

Afternoon looking towards the campground 

Polly mentioned to me yesterday and brought it up again on our walk, maybe next year we will just fly to Mexico and spend a few months, instead of driving? Most of the time when Polly says something I pay attention, this would be a change alright, I'm wondering now if this will happen? I do like having our home with us, I do like having all our stuff as we travel. 

I wonder what next year will bring? We have a plan to return to the island for the spring and part of the summer, catch up with family and friends, then travel towards Grande Prairie to visit with Ciara and our grandchildren there, Taylor & Brett, Jack & Wendy, & other friends we have made, or know there. Then what? 

Polly has moved past this to flying somewhere, and renting a place for 3 or more months. I'm not sure we will, but I'm aware now there is a plan starting. Will see what materializes 😊

For now we have till the end of January at a place in Florida city, will get our site today, and start settling in for Christmas, and plans to go for a drive to the Florida keys on Christmas day is in works. Maybe I can steer Polly away from cooking a big dinner on Christmas day for a change, a picnic on the beach maybe 😀 will see how the days unravel. 

6:00 now, coffee ☕ got a little cool, I'm going to warm it up and watch a little something on the phone and wait for Polly to stir, or day light to come, then a walk about before packing up for our trip to Florida city. Be another fine day I'm sure. 

Merry Christmas y'all 🎄⛄

No snow feels so darn good 😎🌞♥️🤗

No comments:

Post a Comment