Friday 9 December 2022

Thinking deeply about life

As I sit here early morning in Grande Prairie in our friends home, coffee ☕ by my side, warm and protected from the cold outside I think how fortunate we are, Polly and I. At a time when we were at our most vulnerable we received help from so many people, friends that are understanding our, hmm, predicament, pain, dispair, hurt, just a few of so many words that may possibly describe this &_$#@?¥€¢£π√®©% we are in. 

That's the best I can do to screem at what's happened, what I am so amazed at is the support we have gotten over the last 2 months from so many people. 

It's 6am, I woke at 4, LoL, I now call a 4 am wakeup a good sleep, funny how things change, slowly normal will return! 

Or friends have let us move into their home, and made us as comfortable as it was our own, I we can't say enough about how much easier it was to be able to do what we needed to do here in Grande Prairie. We wanted to and had to help our Daughter-in-law Ciara and her family through this unbelievable time in all our lives, and we did. We made it through to where we are now, about to leave Grande Prairie, and continue our adventures. 

We leave with peace, and regret. Regret we couldn't get action on the crimes committed, and peace knowing that what could be done we have done. I'm not giving up on the idea that justice will come, just know, I just don't know how yet. I have been careful not to splat out the rage and anger 🤬 I feel broadly, I believe this will do no good. Not that I don't want to, or that I don't wake every day thinking of what can I do? Who can I reach out to? What will get action? 

My mind has been overwhelmed, really pushed to the limit I say, when the thoughts are coming in faster then I can separate them. When one box of Kleenex leads to another, and another, that when I know I've really done it. I'm happy to say Wendy & Jack are very good Costco shoppers, everything in bulk. Never run out of whatever here.

 I shake my head as I write right now, I still can't believe it. Those are Polly's words, so many times, she just can't believe it! How, why, what the 🤬🤬🤬🤬

And on we go, one foot in front of the other, we will say goodbye to our friends, and family here in GP today and tomorrow, and Sunday we fly towards Chesapeake, Virginia, where friends we have an invite to "stay as long as you like" also came to our rescue during this unexpectable time. Friends we met at a funeral for a friend a few years ago, that were so helpful then, and have been now again. 

I've heard and read "you reap what you sow" now going through this I truly believe this to be true. I'm not sure what good we have sown, but we sure are reaping the crop. People off offer at times like this, but we have witnessed so much love, help, friendship, and giving that my inner being is just overwhelmed with love. So many people helping, and hurting at the same time. 

I have to say this is, was will continue to be the most soul retching experience I've ever had to go through, and with that it is also the most supportive time I've ever been through as well. I know, we know we can't ever thank people enough for all that they have done to help, just know everything was really appreciated. 

Ah I thought the sighing was done, not yet. 

Another drink of coffee ☕ another look at the black window 

What now? 

Friends called last night, We had a video chat with them they are in Florida now, wanting us to come visit with them as they just arrived, and we're feeling tipsy, and enjoying their pool, and their friends that have a house rented for some winter escape. Was a fun conversation, was just that little bit of fun that helps break us from the sadness we have been in for long, too long. Was really nice to laugh, laugh and just be silly for a short time. 

I know we just don't flip a switch, and life goes on, this next part with Polly and I will take time to, to what? Be ok? Feel ok? Move on? I sigh again, I just don't know. Time will tell, I know that will change things, "but" I want to say here, so I'll change that to here we go, onward and upward 👆

6:40 now, house very quiet, only the furnace still blowing, the clock moving quietly back and forth

I know that action is what is about to happen, as we move from here to there, then again we pick up our Jack's, and move again. Action is something Polly and I like, movement to the next place, park, town, 🏖️ beach, dream. 

This nightmare will subside, and our lives will continue, our adventures with each other and friends will go on. I'm just not sure right now how, I do know that the saying "pull up you socks and get going" applies here.

On the Tuesday in Virginia I have an appointment with the producer of CTV Edmonton news station, on a video chat, to tell what I see as a injustice in our countries justice system. To help people understand that in Grande Prairie Alberta, you can be run into by someone driving there car, and run onto the hood down the road 1/2 a block or more, then dumped off onto the cement on your head, then drive away. Leave the scene, and not be charged with a criminal act, even if the police and the crown prosecutor agreed "it's a crime, this was criminal, in our opinion, we just can't prove it in court." "He came back to the scene, he dialled 911, under the directions of his passenger."  So they will not charge this 17 year old that's now walking around, driving around Grande Prairie Free. 

I'm not going to give up till we have justice, I'm not sure how that works here in Canada, but I do know what that Looks like to most anyone that I talk with, and it doesn't look like a person driving, walking, free to do as he wants while our son, husband, friend is gone. 

I always told my kids when they would exclaim "it's not fair" that the world 🌍 is not fair, I guess I'm looking at my own words now. 😞

Just after 7 now, I'm guessing I better stop for now, another sigh, and another drink of what's now cold coffee ☕. 

I laugh, that's my story and I'm stickin to it!

💔 🤗♥️




No comments:

Post a Comment