Friday 23 December 2022

Writing in the Rain, under the awning in shorts

When we left Grande Prairie Alberta at -20 having experience with -32 I wanted warmer, but I never really thought 2weeks later I'd be outside at 7am writing under the awning in my shorts and tee-shirt while the rain came down.

 Polly just got up after I came outside, I gave her a "Good morning" through the screen, she's now put the dishes away that dried overnight. I usually do, but not today, I read about a few things this morning, the amount of oil&gas our province's BC & Alberta have, so much. Yet we still have so much trouble trying to get it to market. 

I looked about FB for awhile, checked out boats here on market place, some beauty's here. Looked at some cool cars here too, not buying, just looking, so much easier that purchases. I booked a room in key West for Christmas Eve last night as we watched a movie, the drive there and back on Christmas day would be long otherwise. Will be nice, a night there for Christmas, never thought we'd be doing that either. 

Life goes on. 


My view as I write, a beautiful palm across the street full of coconuts I think. The road is right behind that campsite, I can here the cars going by in the morning, all going to work somewhere I'm thinking. It's nice to hear the hustle and bustle, and not have to be "in it", we can wait till later to go somewhere, or maybe not go at all. 

It's interesting how I look at things, every place we camp there is something that catches my heart ❤️, something that I see that I really like.
This site has flowers behind on shrubs, and palms in front, and warm breeze, the traffic is there too, but not a problem. I hear the helicopter up already, traffic copter? Who knows, I'm just content to sit and watch and listen to the day unfold. 

Coffee ☕ is cold, almost gone now, I ate a cinnamon bun earlier that was left from yesterday's Christmas celebration here, was nice seeing the kids here getting presents from the resort managers. The kids were all happy, well most of them, the teen, or preteens we're kinda of unimpressed, but that's just the way, LoL. 

Rains stopped now, I'm thinking a walk is in order now. See if after a visit inside with Polly I feel the same. So much yet to see here, and when wet it will all be just a little different. Looking forward to my walk already. 

🤗🌴❤️🎄




No comments:

Post a Comment