Tuesday 12 March 2024

Paying attention the moment's.

I went to the clubhouse and worked on this puzzle for awhile last night 🌙 no tv


Familiar, doing or repetitive things we do, like this morning I go get my second cup of coffee ☕️,  and tell my daughter I'm messaging her, I didn't really taste the first cup. 

There, I just had a sip of my second cup, I really tasted it this time. 😋  a little too sweet,  I use honey 🍯 in my coffee.  

We go through life doing much without really appreciating it fully.  

When I just got my second cup I realized this. 

I wake early almost every day,  I go about my routine, make coffee ☕️,  tidy a little,  try not to make too much noise, although Polly sleeps through almost anything, Lyn wakes easier. Then once coffee is made, I'm on my phone, fb for a look, then some of the scroll through the news, I look less here now, and then maybe some research on what I'm going to make, or a tool I'd like to get? 

That's the start, and like today,  I get the "I'm going to write about this" in my head, and away I go. 

When Polly and I first started out on this retirement gig, we both took awhile to decide on full-time in a trailer,  with no home to return to. It wasn't something we did on the spur of a moment,  we had a few years to decide,  but I knew 60 was my retirement time, and I worked 5 months longer to get another year on my pension.  Polly had already retired, she just kept going back before Christmas,  as always the Bay needed a little extra help then. 

No regrets, not a one! We both are very happy to be on this journey,  still excited to see what's next around the corner. Having Polly's sister Lyn here has been great, Polly just love's it, and so does Lyn. I'm happy too, just watching them enjoying each other makes me happy.  

I have time on my own, I go to poker, Polly has missed poker alot, she's really enjoying be with Lyn, so poker can wait. 

I know I jumped around here, what I started to say was how we take so much for granted.  We brush through our lives without really relishing the moment's.  

As I got my coffee this morning I realized how good it is to have less, to have less steps to go to get stuff, just up, 4 steps to coffee,  8 or so to bathroom,  easy chair is close, fridge same as coffee,  everything is very close. Remembering our house's,  long halls to get to the bedroom, so much to keep maintained, and clean. We don't miss that, not a bit.

I took a look at a park model yesterday here, it has a very nice lot, backs up to the wash, which gives more room, and a much bigger yard area, is desirable here. 

I think this is where my appreciation for our trailer and our lifestyle came to be today. I realized this is exactly how I want it, no yard I have to fuss over, no big overhead cost or payments,  the ability to hookup, pickup the jacks when we want and change our view. We still have much to pay attention to, but it's all easy as far we see it. So no park model for us, no "bricks and mortar" we'll keep traveling till we find a place that'll fit us, and so far,  even though we like it here, we are not staying put. 

As for appreciating life, I just had a yak with my daughter messaging this morning, and her son, my grandson messaged me asking how we're doing,  he's on his way to Vancouver, on the ferry, in a class called "all about money".
I told him I was excited, and I wasn't even going.  

Having this communication is really good way to start my day,  also a message from my nefew early  is nice too. Connection as we travel thrthis life is really important,  even if you're in the same town, ya just can't always connect,  so a mesage helps.  

Polly's up now, 6am, got her coffee ☕️ and listening to something on her phone.  We sit about 6" away from each other in our recliner seats, content together. Lyns in the bed, trying to get a little more sleep. What more do we need, fresh coffee ☕️, a cellular phone with good data, a resort with more than we use, and the world's you're oyster. 

What's today for you, got a plan?" I ask "Yea, I thought I'd go play poker today" Polly says. 

Will be nice to hear Polly's laughs at poker, we usually sit at different tables, but I hear her all the time, laughing and joking. Life is short, enjoying these special moments, that's the best! 


Love ❤️ our life.



No comments:

Post a Comment