Tuesday 22 June 2021

RV problems Truck problems 😃😜

Before leaving our campsite at Greeny Lake I realized I forgot to put the satellite 📡 dish down, so asked the neighbor if I could use his small generator to power it down as I had stowed mine already. Yup, ok he said. Nice hey, so I brought it over, started it, first pull, Honda 1000, and plugged in my electric cord, reved up, then I heard it kick out. Hmm what's already plugged in I'm thinking, the fridge went from gas to electric automatically. So shut down generator and turn off fridge, start generator and ok, power down 📡 dish, all good. 

Return to the neighbors and we finished packing and off we go.

On our way to Williams lake we noticed the AC not putting out as per usual, so windows down, and now we know need to be looked at as going to be a hot summer. 

Get to Williams lake campground and setting up push the satellite box to power up, and get a reading on the box "No LNB voltage ⚡" aww crap, now what. 

Try again after checking wiring, and same.  Now what, go to Google and see what's up. I find out what might be causing it, now do I wanna do this myself, or take to someone? Still not sure. Will investigate further. I'm now wondering if when the neighbors generator kicking out it caused the problem? 🧐 Hmm.

Truck though, needs repair to travel comfortably so I call around and everyone busy, so one guy suggests Canadian Tire. I have not had any work done by Canadian tire before, so kinda sceptical, but here I am, waiting. Hoping just a recharge needed. 

Traveling and getting work done I usually ask around and get a local mechanic recommend by a parts store guy, this time I just took the word of a mechanic shop, they and others were busy, and the thought was Canadian tire has more people working there so likely have time. 

Polly's at Walmart shopping 🛒, while I wait here. And that folk's is how you maintain while traveling, fix it quick, and get going. I did what I thought was good maintenance before we left, couldn't have foreseen this. LoL 😆 

Good I had a good walk this morning ☺️

Polly call's, I forgot, coffee pot died too, so she asks me to look here, yup got it, coffee ☕ pot, and moskito coils, and some more bug juice. Ready we are, for now 😁😂😂



No comments:

Post a Comment