Saturday 26 June 2021

Quesnel, Dragon Lake at Roberts Roost Campground


Swan's and Flamingos here but have not seen any Dragons here at Dragon Lake.
Yesterday I saw the influx of weekend campers come, holy crap, they came fast and furious. I sat in the shade of the tree we've parked by and watched the launches of so many crafts. 

It started with paddle boards,  then came the kayak's 
then the seadoo
This couple had the most interesting beautiful dog in there truck, just had to walk over and get a few shots of him, oops there were Two big huge dogs. 
So beautiful, but for me so darn big. No thanks 😊

Just when I thought I had seen it all comes the peddle boat guy to pickup his honey. 

That I thought was the last, Polly call's out, dinner and I have to give up my post. 

Polly thought she wanted to create tonight, so chicken with hollandaise seafood sauce, with shrimp and crab meat, crab stuffed mushrooms, baked potato and asparagus. Mmmm 😋 good, I'm a luck guy.😊 Polly treats me so good. 

Trailer was hot, and AC was kicking out the 15amp breaker so I retired outside while diehard Polly watched Tampa bay Lightning beat NY Islanders.

Back at my cool 😎 post watching the goings on at the launch, here comes the last launch, two girls with there floaties.


Now this was so fun to watch, both not wanting to get wet, lol. 


The white swan got away, and the woman in the pink flamingo had to paddle fast to get it, as the other was not goin in the water. They had a blast, laughing all the time. 

The hockey game ended Canadian's vs Tampa Monday I'm told as Polly came out to join me in the shade, and just as I thought the launching was over, a couple come with there kayak's at dusk, and off they go onto the lake. 

I think I saw every kind of craft out on the lake today, from Pontoon boats pulling tubes full of people, all the way to floaties. 

During the day, a guy came by towel in hand, finished work, and said time for a swim. I had been putting this off as the lake was shallow, and lotsa weeds, not a favorite. After watching him dive in a few times I finally got hot enough, and went out to the end of the dock and joined him. Walter was his name and he was a fire fighter here in Quesnel. We had much to talk about, as usual I did most of the yaking. 

He appreciated it he said, and we had a couple long swims out to where you didn't feel the weeds anymore. He grew up in Williams lake, said the weeds there were really long, and not what is nice to swim in. I'm thinking was not so bad here, weeds didn't really bother me, nothing bitting me. 
All in all a great day by the water. 

Off to Barkerville today, new to us campground with 30amp plug-in, so AC will work, that's a must today, going to be hot all week. 

Went outside for awhile and talked with a lady sitting quietly. Told her, I'm going to spoil you quiet time, she said she didn't mind. We had a great conversation, she was from Huston BC. Was nice to connect so quickly with someone. I'm lucky to have that ability, I couldn't imagine being shy, or quiet, LoL 😆. 

I love this life ❤️🤗

No comments:

Post a Comment