Friday 9 September 2022

Fall came fast this year.

One day we have the windows open at night to keep cool, the next day we have our coats on, and fireplace going, it happens like that. We left St John's, Pippy park Tuesday after labour day, and drove to Gander, when we pulled over on the way we both say brr πŸ₯Ά, cold day. Then we notice the leaves as we go, all starting to change, and like that it's fall. 

Every year it surprises me how fast it happens, one day I'm saying how hot, next I'm going for my coat. Here on Newfoundland island I'm also watching weather from the south, as here the storms from the south effect the wind and weather in a different way. Cold gets sucked down from north, and wind can be fierce. I have never experienced a hurricane, and will try to make sure we don't as we plan our trip towards the south now. 

We will sail off the island Sunday, so I look at the weather forecast and Earl the swirl on the weather radar shows up close to us, so could be a ruff ride on the ferry I'm thinking.

This is a photo of the app I use to check wind

I look at the picture, then look at the wind speed on the route we plan to be on. Looks like gusts of 33knots, with 24knot winds forecast. Might be a cancelled ferry crossing 
Will see, I know if really bad they postpone the crossing. We be ok I think, but I did show Polly, just so she knows ahead. 

Looks like will be on the outside of Earl, will keep looking till we leave, see if it gets better 

Planing ahead always involves the weather, always. Traveling in wind, rain, snow, all causes problems, not that we don't go, just we have to prepare for the different weather. Sometimes we wait it out, and sometimes we try to beat it, and sometimes we get caught in it, this we try to avoid if possible, makes life easier. 

So in looking towards our next few months I plan to stay here in Canada's warm till it's November all going well, then start our decent into the USA. Always looking at the weather, always planning where and when we go. Like the birds, except they know somehow exactly when to go, and how far to travel each day. I try, but only have the weather apps and experience in my side, the birds have instinct. 

Maybe I should just count the days I have to have the heat on and say at 30 days of heat, it's time to move south 🌴⛱️ πŸ˜€ 
Ahh who knows, I/we just plan what we want to do as we go, and watch the weather,  move with the rainy days, and tour around on the sunny daysπŸ˜† that's my logic. 

Today we will move a little closer to the ferry, to Stevensville Newfoundland to check out this town, see what there is to see, and enjoy a different place. 

We had lobster 🦞🦞 again last night, was not as good as the last 2, but still yummy πŸ˜‹ 
We bought 1/2 a salmon for dinner tonight, the tail portion. Looking forward to this, I know not the same as when we used to catch our own, fresh, but will enjoy it anyway. 

Saturday, our 28thWedding Anniversary, we plan to stay at a overnight place close to the ferry dock, a place we saw on our way from the ferry, that many stay the night before, as you have to be at the ferry 2 hours before, and that means leaving early if at a campground, so this will work great. Truck be hooked up so we just pull in the slides, and pickup the jacks, and off we go in the morning, 15 minutes away.

Looking forward to our next adventure, seafood 🦞 festival on PEI is our next plan. Hopefully this works out, weather could dampen the days ahead. Say lavee I always say. I looked it up just now, (I know I don't spell it correctly) 

The expression is pronounced 'say-la-VEE' with the stress on the third word. It means 'such is life' or 'that's life'. When things don't go according to plan, some people complain non-stop; while others accept the fact that disappointments are a part of life and get on with it.

We accept, Yep, it's all part of the adventureπŸ˜€

Love this life we have chosen πŸ’•πŸ€—



No comments:

Post a Comment