Tuesday 18 October 2022

Another 15-20 minutes please




I am here at the hospital, visiting Chris, and hoping everything will be ok, hoping he is healing and will be better. To see him we have to go to this phone on the wall, and call in to the desk inside ICU and ask, can I see Chris Browning, they say just a sec usually, and off they go to ask the nurse that's looking after him if it's ok I come in. Sometimes when they are real busy this coming back could take awhile, you hear conversation's of others at the desk, and noise then the person comes back, and says yes or more often, could you give us another 10-15 minutes. 

At first when I didn't understand I was always upset about this, now I understand that this time is needed to do things that they don't want others to see, or hear, personal stuff, private stuff. I now get it. 

Today I'm kinda numb, there is another man in here that his brain in not working, brain dead I used to say, his family all here as they wait. They pulled the plug as I used to hear, took out the breathing tube, and let him go on his own. Well that doesn't happen right away, and last night when I left here the family had to deal with this from afternoon till this morning, he's still alive and body still working. 

I talked to his wife this morning curled up on the couch, waiting, all night, all of them all night. There is a private quiet room they have, but has a long couch, only good for 2, there are 6 of them in the family, is a very hard thing for them. I told the woman as we talked that I felt for her, and the son when I saw him. What a terrible thing to have to go through. 

All from a child coming at him out of control on a scooter, and he falls and hits his head, then this, his brain is bleeding, and built pressure, and swell up, caused the brain to be squished and that's it, a dunner. Just like that life ends, but the machines we have keeps him alive, just can't repair what's damaged. 

Here they wait, and here I wait too. Early morning thoughts. I gave the woman a hug, and told her I'm sorry for her and family, and she disappeared into the quiet room. I on the other hand am on my waiting 15-20 minutes, patiently. This helps pass the time, writing here helps me deal with time till it's ok to go back in, even though I know likely nothing has changed, I want to make sure Chris has someone there when he's laying there healing, even if no response. 

The waiting room is empty except for me now, TV on Corner Gas is on, LoL perfectly Canadian I think. 

Go for coffee ☕, or go back to the room for more sleep. Hmm decisions...

Another day waiting and hoping that Chris gets better soon 🤗❤️

I'm going to go to the phone now, ask to go back in, maybe see a Dr and get some good news, Never know.

I found out that the tube won't be taken out till next week today. Is ok, we hoped for this week, but will have to wait. We are getting used to having to wait. Well a little, but really we want him awake talking and joking 😃😜😃 and laughing, but we will wait, can't do anything else.

🤗❤️

3 comments: