Sunday 23 April 2023

Sunday morning mews not News!


Yesterday our neighbors from Quebec pulled out, they travel in a truck with a camper. We talked when they first pulled up the guy and I, he spoke English much better than I speak French. He said they had started traveling from Quebec February 12th, they had been south, and came from Las Vegas to here, next San Diego. I asked, do you have a place to stay in San Diego? No, we just Wing it. 

I'm guessing with a smaller unit they can easily wing it, as could park almost anywhere. Not us, we need more room, although we do wing it sometimes, but wouldn't going to San Diego. 

I watched as they packed up, was a bit more that I would want, as while here they took the camper off the truck, they had bikes, but needed the truck to move around town. Loading the camper again was very interesting to me, as when I load it seems to me usually faster. He had to get on his knees under the back of the camper with a crescent wrench πŸ”§, something needed to be tightened, I didn't ask, I try to stay away when others are busy getting ready to go. 

Backing the truck up under the camper was a 3 try to make it, and very slow. I'm thinking never will I have this kind of camper. I really like how our trailer hooks up, maybe just used to it, but is way easier than what I saw them doing. Polly said, "I like our home better" of course we have a huge amount of room compared to the camper. Hmm "compared" that's the key here, if I was in a huge house looking at us, I might be thinking different. But we are not, we are here in our big for us trailer looking at the camper. 

Soon after I took this shot, Polly got up, she and I talked about the camper, our trailer and how much we loved our trailer as has luxury of bigger space to move in. 

The night before we were dancing in our trailer, Polly had the YouTube videos playing music 🎢🎼, and the two of us were dancing to our wedding song, was nice but we also sad feeling, so was much different day and night. Maybe a hurdle we had to get over, I don't know, but looking out at that camper made both of us know we had the perfect home for us as we move about the country. 

We spent the day yesterday moving slowly, watched too many movies, talking with friends and family, and just hiding from the heat, was a very hot day! Today is the same forecast, no complaints, the pools still Cool 😎. 

Today's plans are a drive about, then lunch out, and home. Our parcels that I ordered didn't show yesterday as Amazon led us to believe they would πŸ˜†, and Sunday so likely not today either. I'm not in a hurry to do a toilet rebuild anyway. 

So goes our day, always one day closer to our move north to home on the island πŸ‘

Happy to have the room to move about, even dance if we choose! I imagine a party πŸ₯³πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ or two when we return home. Looking forward to seeing and being with our family & friends πŸ€—❤️

Love this life of choice 😍

No comments:

Post a Comment