Wednesday 26 April 2023

Going on a Sunday's drive, we've all done this.

Sunday Polly and I decided let's go for a drive to Welton, a small town east of Yuma. We didn't get far and I realized the AC wasn't working again. 🥵 I said to Polly maybe not go, no she said, be ok. So off we went anyway, was a good drive about, likely will not go back. The smell of cow manure, and urine was heavy here, not what's desired if we stay somewhere. 

On the south side of the highway is real estate development, nice homes with a golf course in the middle and a huge clubhouse. Nice looking, but not for us. 

On the other side was many RV parks, some were nice, but the still the smell, and the lack of amenities in the town would definitely stop us from staying here. Maybe we have been spoiled, but this place was in the middle of nowhere, 20-25 minutes away from the foothills, and further to go to get into the center of Yuma this was not what we want. 

     10 or more workers with some shade 🥵

By now we had a very warm truck, and were ready to leave, on our way out I stopped to watch the farmers picking lettuce, WOW Sunday and working like dogs when the truck moves ahead in the rows. I sure will look at lettuce differently now. 

I remember when Ceaser Chavez was championing the farmworkers union in California, but I'm not sure that unions came to Arizona. Polly and I watched for awhile, is a very labour intensive job, bending over to the ground over and over, kinda like what I did when planting trees. Just much less forward movement. And in a row with production quota's I'm thinking. I'm sure glad I didn't have to do this, in the 90-120°F+ or 30-40°C I really can't imagine. 



On this same day I saw a guy on the golf course at 10am was 85° with his jacket on 😳. The extreme heat is not what I'm used to, that I understand clearly now. 

Onward to today's job at hand, toilet rebuild, Polly going to get her toes done today, so I have all the parts now, and will start after she leaves. I go for a walk about, as she's getting ready to go, come back after 9am, Polly is still home, appointment was cancelled. Oh well, I'ma still going to do the toilet, I get it off, then for the socket and rachet, LoL 😆 I have the truck in for AC repair again,

     FTS Auto & Diesel repair very clean shop

and just this year I decided to transfer all my tools to the truck, just in case I broke down when not with the trailer! LoL, well I did get the toilet apart, the slow crecent wrench 🔧 way, cleaned up and back together. Now for a shower and a swim. Cool this body down now. 

Life is interesting, even more when it's 🥵 hot

Love our life 








No comments:

Post a Comment