Monday 22 January 2024

Mondays a good day to reflect.

        Fields on the way to RV show 


Mornings always best for me, I'm usually full of ideas, and energy early and Mondays are the start of another week. Today no big plans, Poker at our sister resort Fortuna de Oro with many we have grown close to over the last few years, and everyday we play we are getting to know them better. 

One of the players, Duane came over yesterday for a vist, was nice to have a yak with him, Polly and I sat and talked with Duane. He was calm, different than at poker, he gets excited at poker, so many people, so much going on. 

When we first came to Fortuna it was Duane that kept us in the loop about tournaments, he also invited us to continue playing. Other friends Jim and Sharon, they helped introduce us to many games out and about in Yuma, we don't travel around too much though, as we are not up to playing too often, 4 afternoon's a week is really enough for us. 

Entertaining and fun, that's what we like,  as well as competitive play, even if only small bets. 😉  That's our main entertainment here, along with dances, and pool time, we are not too ambitious.

We went with friends Darcy & Pat to the RV Show in Quartzsite on Saturday, was a great day to go, as no rain, and warm out. We picked up a new TV box, has all we need for Programs, & Movies on it, that's something we like to do watch TV at night. Like I said, not too ambitious. 

Polly also got a hat for our grandson Colton,  he'll love I'm sure. ❤️

  No other big purchases. Lots of sales people, all trying to sell you everything that has to do with RVing. We have most everything we need already. Still was fun to go. 

Yesterday I went for a walk to get water, we have to buy water, as the water here from the tap has so much mineral in it. On the way home I stopped and visited with Ivo & Patti, & Patti's brother Andrew,  they were next door with friends in a tent, so I sat down for vist.  The friends were from Alberta,  but the guy Frank, grew up in Victoria, BC, born in Royal Jubilee hospital, the year after me. 

That conversation got very interesting quickly, after we realized we lived very close to each other,  and had gone to the same school. Where did you live? Did you know this person? Do you remember this? Wow,  that was so cool. The questions kept coming so fast! 

Then somewhere, some how, I started telling him about when I was young, and so much of my young life just came out. I felt surprised at what rolled outta my mouth, but I don't really know why. I'm thinking as we talked about the home I lived in, and he lived close, and knew so much of the area, I just got taken away in my thoughts.  

Well it wasn't just him there, so when I kinda collected my thoughts, and felt a little silly spilling my stories all over the place, I said sorry for saying so much, Patti said, thanks, that surprised me, she was truly happy I'd opened up. I felt a little silly,  as I was surprised at me. 

Then Ivo helped change the subject, and away we went with politics and some othe silly stuff 😜 that helped. 

Still, was an interesting time, I thanked Frank before leaving, I wanna meet again and talk about Victoria, and what he remembers, people, places, and whatever.  Was and interesting afternoon. 

This morning I'm going for a walk early,  the weather is threatening to rain soon, so I'm going before it does. Polly's up now, so off I go! 😁

Life's always interesting,  especially if you get to step back in time when you're really not expecting it! 

Love ❤️ our life.




No comments:

Post a Comment