Sunday 7 January 2024

Writing is my gift to me.

I started writing many moons ago, with the idea of a journal given to me by a teacher in high-school. I call it a gift now as I find it relaxing, fun, also a way of augmenting my thinking. Today in messaging with a friend I realized I'd been writing for along time. We gave journals to 5 of our grandchildren this year, hoping they would use them moving forward in life. I realise now, writing as we learned in school is almost a thing of the past. Still I think they may use these journals if they see value in the future. 

For me now, I'm pecking on my phone, yet I do enjoy writing on paper still. Funny how you become good at what you like doing. I'm not a great looking type of writer on paper, a little messy, lots of scratch outs, nor do I value exact writing. I really like to write as I would be talking, makes me smile once in awhile as I write to have a word, or a phrase written as I would say it. 😊 

Introspective day I'm thinking, I didn't start like this, but here I am getting all about how I'm thinking. That's Journaling,  looking in at what's going on, making choices about what direction you're going, and deciding if you change direction. That's about it for me anyway.  

Today, Sunday my direction is messaging a few friends and family, plan ahead what this week will be, truck to transmission shop, still not right, finish the rebuild on the cabinet beside our couch, and of course poker at Fortuna 12_3pm 4 day's this week. This afternoon a little shopping at the market, and now I'm told Wal-Mart, dinner out tonight as Polly needs a break,  also a look at a place here at another rv park, just a look I'm saying. 


This evening im teaching 10 people here how to play poker, that'll be fun I'm sure, a request came this morning. I told a friend of my learning during covid times, when we were all winter at Arrowvale campground. I learned to say yes more, I learned how good it felt to say yes right away when asked to do something, as even if I'm not sure I can, I'll do it, and learn as I go. 

Raining hard out now,  maybe not a great day to go to the market,  see how the afternoon is. It's not like the coast, weather is quick to come, and quick to go here. Polly has a WPT poker program on as I peck here now.  We both like to watch. 

Looking like a cold week here, better next week. We will endure, likely still in shorts,  maybe a jacket today. I have to admit, the sound of rain on our trailers roof feels nice, like home. 

10am now, been at this a couple hours now,  on and off. Polly's says she doesn't feel like going out right now,  windy, cold, lol 😆 I laugh to myself. 

May, back to bed lol 😆 

Love ❤️ our life 🤗




No comments:

Post a Comment