Sunday 14 January 2024

Sunday morning quiet.

       Polly baked yesterday afternoon 

I love Sunday morning, as everywhere seems so still. I hear a few trucks now going by on the highway,  but early Sunday morning is always so still. I love to walk about town on a Sunday morning,  or drive about.  Everything just slows down, people are either not up, or busy at home. People just slow down or take the day off take on Sunday.  

That is unless you're in a busy city. Yuma today will have some busyness I'm sure as the day goes forward,  but the very beginning is quiet. I made the coffee ☕️messaged a few friends, getting Bing, bing now, people are up, even if it's Sunday, people are busy with family & friends today. 

Polly's up now, blinds go up and we see the pink in the few clouds early, going to be another nice day. Yuma seems to be paying off, good weather looking forward is "getting better all the time" 🎵  as the song says. 🎵  Funny how a song can enter your mind as you say something, and the words take on a new feel. Beatles have some of the best lyrics. 

Today all going good I'll get the hinges I need to finish alteration to one of our end tables beside the couch, put it together,  and that'll be done. We have friends here in Yuma we want to vist, hopefully take a drive over and see them, been a couple years since we've visited. Maybe the afternoon by the pool, see how the day progresses. All subject to change is how a Sunday goes today, no rush, no have to be, no appointments. 

Yes a very relaxed day Sunday is, coffee ☕️#2 now, thanks Polly. I started reading a book on poker yesterday that I'd ordered last week, I was surprised the author Barry Goldstein, was telling a story about his early life, how he got addicted to poker. It's very interesting, I'm never going to be addicted to poker, I just like it, I don't live it as he does. 

Sun's up now,  days still very quiet. I'm very content right now, I smile to myself. Yep, life's really good. No if's, no I wish, no next time. This is it, and I'm happy with this. 

Can't beat Happy on a Sunday morning.
Love ❤️ our life.




No comments:

Post a Comment