Thursday 4 April 2024

5:21 first crow from the rooster 🐓

He's up and ready to go for the day, this rooster is really on his game. It's comforting hearing him again, sounds of Arrowvale are one of the things I'm nostalgic about here. I also love the beauty all around us here, blossoms out at this time of year is a real treat. Polly noticed the cherry 🍒 trees by the Petrocan station at the entrance to Beaver creek road, they are real beautiful right now. 

Yep, a really nice time to return home 🏡.  

Some camping happened on the weekend here, but mostly people here have spent the winter, some are permanent, many are working somewhere in town. One couple we were neighbors with a couple times have moved, I saw her yesterday, Rachel and her daughter Ayla. Was nice to vist with her for a moment, will see her Nathan & Ayla over the next couple months.  

Ann & Bob, always a pleasure to see again, they are slowly transferring some of the daily operating of the campground and the farm to other's, not easy to let go I'm thinking.  

The people here always so friendly, and helping. I had a volunteer come say he'd give me a hand today putting up my tent for woodworking. Unsolicited, unexpected help. Sonny is his name, he's interested in what I'll be doing.  Nice guy, I could use the help. 

I'm so happy to return here, feels so like returning home. Port Alberni always be home to me, just so familiar, so comfortable. Friends message or call, people that we haven't see for awhile, connection, that's it, we have connection here in Port Alberni.  It's not just the place, it's the people that attract us here, the many people we know.  

Go to buylow for some groceries, and we see Cathy. She had questions for us, we had questions for her. Meeting friends we haven't seen for awhile, so much to say. 

Me, I like to yak, Polly gets on with shopping, but this time we both had stories to tell. Was a nice morning yesterday, short trip into town for a few things. Today I'm going for breakfast with my daughter Penny, be a nice visit with her, been a long time since we've been together ❤️.  We message most every day, but talk not much on the phone. That's the new way we most of us, communicate now.  

No hand written letters, no calling much, message is how we seem to talk. I kinda like the in person better, but at least we can communicate, at our own leisure.  

I'm rambling,  happily today.  Trailer is all setup, started on the shed yesterday,  always a struggle,  my legs just seem to run outta juice after awhile.  I'll tackle it again later today, once I get the tent up, I'll get the benches in, and setup my tools, then the few trailer alterations Polly wants will get done, then onto the fun stuff, creating some interesting stuff I've been thinking of. 

I went and picked up the tickets from Rhona yesterday, "Thanks again", she bought 12 for us, we are going to have a blast at the dance with a bunch of friends. I could have asked for more tickets, there all sold out in like 3 days. Will be a fun time, I'm sure. Nice to have a dance to return to. 



Waking early is a pain, yet it gives me time to think, and write. Doesn't mean I get my thoughts in order 😂 , just have many plans all tumbling around in my head at the same time. I'm thinking of how I'm going to layout the shop this time, likely same as last time, but I wanna get the benchs and tools all set before I start making stuff this time, last year was so disorganized.  

There goes the rooster 🐓 again,  he's really at it now. 6:00, I guess the light be coming in now. I opened the blinds,  still looks dark,  but if I open the door, yep lights coming.  Rooster always knows.  

I'm happy to be home!

I'm happy to be at Arrowvale again. 


Love our life. ❤️










No comments:

Post a Comment