Friday 12 April 2024

Dreams as I wake and remember.

            Cellphone holder for Jesse

I woke this morning dreaming of a dive  Steve Cayer and I did at Port Renfrew years ago, I'm not sure if I was dreaming or just waking up, but I was remembering the dive, holding onto the short strong kelp to keep from being swished away in the current. We were getting abalone, the tide was low I'm thinking, as we were getting pushed around a lot.

I don't remember too much from that time, but I do remember the dives, in the ocean and in the river chasing crabs as we held hands, was so poor visability that we had to hold hands so we would stay together. So funny when one guy saw a crab, and he'd swim after it dragging the other, 😂🤣 we laughed after, but at the time was the only way to stay together. 


I try to pay attention to what I'm thinking when I wake, what I was dreaming about. We do have a whole other life we live in our dreams, some we remember, most we don't. 

Heat wasn't working, as I brought a coffee ☕ to Polly in bed, I noticed. Had to go out & turn off one propane tank and turn on the other, WOW whoever tightened that tank was not wanting it to leak, had to get my chanel locks to get it to open it, & give out propane. 

I heard the rooster 🐓 just after I woke this morning, I knew was a full night's sleep, after 5am sure. I laid there awhile and just thought about the time we had in Port Renfrew, I love the memories. I thought about just how much I've done that I wanted to do, and the few things I wanted to do that I didn't. I realized I've done most all I've wanted to. The things I haven't done are not as important now, I can let that go. 

The things I did do I have those memories forever, well until I start to get senile, don't laugh, it's likely to happen 🤔 

We have our grandson Jesse here this week, been fun hanging out with him. Polly makes even better dinner for him, spoil him a little, and I've been involving him in my woodworking shop.
          shops almost all ready to go. 

We have watched each other's movie's, mostly our kinda movie, his choice often not to our taste. But we did watch a Simpsons show, and he likes Young Sheldon, we all laugh at this. 

         Our first project together 
    Jesse wrote his name with the router 


Sun's coming up now, be a nice day today, rain yesterday kept us home mostly. Well Polly went with Lyn for a visit with Lois, a friend. Then to the pub, and a few laughs, and Keno. Those two, lol. 

Jesse and I hung out here, got a message from a guy with a saw I asked about, so we went and picked that up, another thing I thought about this morning in bed, was the saw too big? Did I make the right choice? I'll test it out today and see. $40. For a 12" compound mitre saw, can't loose I'm thinking. 

I went to the loggers gathering at the union hall on Tuesday, was a really good gathering of work buddies from the past. People I just don't see around in my travels. Some I haven't seen since we were shut down at Sproat lake div. I tried to get to most, see them and talk, but so many showed I couldn't. Still I did see quite a few, had some good talks, a few good laughs. I'm happy to say the most active are getting around best, I think I'm one of them.

Polly is enjoying her show in the bedroom, Jesse our grandson is on the couch that makes into a bed. Life is good, 🌞 Sun will be out today, I'll get something built today I'm thinking. 

I hear the music 🎶 of the soap opera Polly watches, it's over now, she's moving, so coming to join me here. 

And the day begins now. I'll go for my walk soon with Jesse.

Love our lifestyle, love our life! ❤️



No comments:

Post a Comment