Sunday 7 April 2024

Home after 8 months changes.

           Tent/woodworking shop

Week one has been great, visiting with family and friends that we have only chatted with on messenger or even only texted since we have been away. Arrowvale campground is still same, small changes, but really the same. Ann & Bob have as we have aged, but still everyday they rise to the jobs at hand on a farm and campground. 

This morning I had to change the propane tank over. I'm surprised how fast that one emptied, 30 lb tank, 1week 😳 colder here than I thought. Getting used to colder is something I just have to realize, but a couple weeks ago I was in shorts everyday and in and outta the pool. 

I know, quit wining hey, lol, well the weather has been good, just a little cold. 

I got my woodworking shed up now, benches together, table saw in place, wood all transferred, almost ready to rip. Just have to empty the little trailer of all the tools, got a few shelves to build to hold all the stuff. Rooster 🐓 just crowed, first time today, 5:36am. I like him, it's comforting, he's getting up after me now lol. 

We had company come visit yesterday afternoon, Kath & Jo, friends Polly has known since before she was a teenager. Friends that lived across the street from Polly's moms house. We had spent time with Jo in Yuma a few years ago so I knew her well, Kath I knew a little from Christmas visiting at her Mom's house when we'd go visit. 

Polly knows them both really well, so the yak was very good. I listened to some that I wasn't a part of, stories from their past, from when they were kids. There was much ground to cover. Was a really good visit.

Shayla & Carl came for dinner last night, was nice, they brought Jesse too, so was a small dinner, still nice. Polly likes to build a good dinner, and last night's was great, a chicken casserole, broccoli, mashed potatoes, fresh baked bun's, and a different cheese Cake, strawberry, with chunks of strawberry 🍓 inside. Stuffed I was, and so was everyone else. Pyper, Shayla's pup even got to lick a couple pots. 

Sunday today, I'm feeling kinda beat, my body not in best shape for all the work I've been putting it through the last few days. I was really walking like an old man yesterday afternoon, just did too much. Funny how I can't really slow myself down, is a speed I'm used to. In my mind I'm still doing as I would when younger, yet I'm not moving the same, getting down is difficult, getting up is even harder. Patience not my strong suit, especially with myself. 

I messaged my nephew and said I was tired, doing too much to fast. He said "Slow and steady will get you there" well I got the slow part now 😄 guess I'm just going to have to rien myself in a little, but now most the heavy stuff is done. 

Probably build the shelves today, be easy now, just have to slow myself a little, I wonder if I can do that? 

It's interesting how you just do as you did, even if you can't properly anymore, your mind just pushes you to do as you did before, I'm sure this is the test we all have to go through in our old age, just learn to slow down. 

When I drove back from south, my sister in law Lyn said "Your a good driver, just fast." I never really thought about it, I just drive with the traffic, and pass em if they going to slow. I don't know that I'll change, working, or driving, I got one gear, go! 

6:06 now, boy that half hour went fast, I don't even think I took a drink of my coffee. Mmm ☕ still warm, I'm not as sore now, maybe I'll get stronger working at the shop, lol a 10'x10' tent, a shop lol. Well I guess what ya have, ya make it work. Jesse stayed the night, be nice to spend a little time with him, we don't see him enough. 

Two of our grandchildren had birthdays the last couple days, Taylor became 20, and Jayden, I think 23, they both living in Grande Prairie now. I got messages from them on Snapchat, their most used form of talking, I can see they are both happy, and having a good time. 

.       Taylor 20 years old already, wow!

This year when we go up to GP, we'll have 4 grandchildren to see. It's how life goes, one moment all your grandchildren are in the same town as you, next we all move away. Only one grandchild here in Port Alberni now, Dax. 

Well gives us reason to travel, and we do like that. 

Jesse slept on the couch, 🛋️ I'm sure not the best, but he didn't want to make the couch into a bed, so that's it. 

Jesse's a 6 footer, so feet up at the end. 

Rain now I hear, that'll keep me in if it continues. I got the awnings out, keep a little bit of dry around that side of the trailer. Rooster 🐓 quit for now, it must be getting light out, he seems to be quiet once the light really comes. 

Well onto my coffee ☕ now, and chat it up with a few others that likely be awake while I wait for this household to wake up. 

Life of and early rizer, mind starts as soon as I wake. 

Still I love this life of ours, everyday another adventure. ❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment