Friday 5 May 2023

Sunday to Thursday and Home again!


         Polly met a friend on the ferry 


I felt it deep in my soul when we drove off the ferry on to the island, ahhh, home again. I'm not sure exactly what, why or how, but I knew we were now exactly where we needed to be. The drive up island was just great, every moment felt just a little closer to our home for the rest of the spring and some of the summer 🌞😎

Driving past Ladysmith I said "when we come down to our Dr appointments I want to take a walk on the beach here, I really liked that when we lived here" Polly agreed.

On the way past Naniamo I said, let's stop and see Dan & Joy at Rathtrevor, give some hugs and continue to Arrowvale. Polly agreed, so we did, it felt so nice to be by the water again, the sounds  and smell's were great. Moisture in the air, gulls above, eagles flying, just so much I remember, and here we are again. Joy & Dan were not, so a note, and sayonara, off we went towards Port Alberni. Driving past Cameron lake felt comfortable, even with the road sloughing into the lake in many places. Just the feeling of nobody behind us, was a great feeling, no rushing, nobody cutting us off, just a perfect comfy drive home. 

Up the hump, one car passes, and we are on our own again, many leaving the valley, just us coming in😀

Rambo pulled Cecile up the hump like the star he is, just fantastic. On the top still not a car behind us, and all the way down, just like we had the highway to ourselves. Such a beautiful day, no rain, cloudy, with sun poking through every once in awhile, was a great return.

Through Port to Arrowvale, past the river, Polly said, "the River looks great hey!" So many memories so much comfort driving along, knowing the road all the way from Victoria all the way home was like a very good dream. 

All the way Polly and I both looked for signs that would tell the price of diesel, not a one! Many stations with DIESEL marked, but no price? What the heck! Still I'm looking, but it's like every station got the memo "No Diesel Price to be posted"😳 hmm I wonder why?

As we pulled into Arrowvale campground the first person we saw was or neighbor Nathan, and his young daughter, 16 months old, she was born just before we left Port on our trip, December 24th. We hugged, and talked, so much has happened since we left, in our lives and theirs. Our site was ready for us as Ann said it would be, and after we started to set-up, Ann drives up and we hug, and she mentions the club we are both in that nobody wants to be in ☹️ I know now what it's like. We didn't dwell on it, we just know that life changes, and you have to continue to move forward. 

  Our campsite is almost exactly as we left it

That day was perfect, Polly busied herself inside, I outside, until Rachel, Nathan's wife came home from work, we hugged, and talked, and had a drink, and talked some more, until the weather changed, then inside we went, putting all the outside stuff away, and preparing for the rains ☔, and yes it would rain. Steak for dinner Polly said, I didn't argue 😆 was a very good dinner. 


      Some of our trinkets are still hung up 

I talked with Penny on Messenger, she really wanted to see me, said I would see her today, and I did, more hug's 🤗🤗 

Lyn & Andrew came over after dinner, we hugged, and talked, Andrew had a couple song's for us to listen to, was a nice homecoming. Polly of course had some presents, a picture for Andrew from Memphis, that reminds us of him and a mug for Lyn (Best F❤️ckin Sister) & a bottle of wine (Sweet Bitch) on the bottle. 🤣

Was a great day, a bit of TV and bed, to the sounds of rain lightly on the roof, yep we are back in Port Alberni alright 😆 

Polly just said to me "I'm tired of this rain already" LoL I'm still liking it, as I know, suns coming back next week, and we are home 🏡

Love travel, love coming home too🤗❤️

Project's are going to start once I get the plastic shed up. Sure going to be fun 😊
So much to look forward to here. 🤗❤️






No comments:

Post a Comment