Tuesday 29 August 2023

6:30 am just getting light! 😳

  Sunflower at the later stage of its life. 

The summer always seems to go so fast, June we have the longest day of the year, then we squander the rest of the summer season with early mornings that are light at 4:30 am, and bright till 10pm. Then one day I look out the window at 6:30am and realize that it's not getting light nearly as early as I remember such a short time ago. 

I find it funny how time just goes zoom through the summer, especially when we are so busy living our lives with friends family and just enjoying our summer. Polly gets up and peeks out "it's still dark" she says, back to bed for her! LoL 😆 

We are at our friends home, at the back of their long driveway, with a view of their back yard. Jack & I built a privacy fence on Sunday, a day of rest it wasn't! We had fun, digging many post holes, as we have never built a fence before, at least not one where you had a predetermined exact distance between the posts, as the pickets were across rather than up and down, so the posts had to be exactly 5feet away from each other, this caused at least one posthole to be dug 3 times LoL. 

  Privacy fence complete, stain yet to come. 

We did some cursing, and much sweating, along with a heck of a lot of laughing, nothing like a hot day building something with limited carpenter skills LoL, we did have fun. The girls went to see the Barbie movie, and we built a fence. We all got what we wanted, we got to do a man job, girls got to have a girl day, life couldn't be anymore simple. 

I got a few more things setup with our trailer here, so we are more comfortable, electric, & water, (had a leak, fixed now) as well as a line to the sewer so we don't have to uproot ourselves ever 10 days or so to dump our tanks. I'm still in awe at just how great our friendship is with Jack & Wendy. We met again Wendy & I, on Facebook after many years apart, since highschool, then after chat chat, we connect when we came to Grande Prairie, and she said come stay with us! 

I'm still shaking my head how life goes.

 I can see outside better now, still a little dark as we are surrounded by trees here, but day has definitely broken, now sunup yet. I can hear a pickup going by on the highway, somebody in a heck of a hurry. The highway is close, were only 2 property's over from highway 40, and so many trucks go every morning to work south of GP. I'm always amazed the amount of traffic that moves around this city, just busy working everyday. 

Coffee ☕#1 done, soon the sun will be up here, and the day will brighten, supposed to be 28°c again, was a really muggy day yesterday, no complaints, today I think I might go looking for a place Chris loved here, Saskatoon mountain it's called, between here and Dawson Creek, not too far away. I been thinking of putting something there as a reminder of him. I wanna go check it out first, see what it's like, see if there is a place to put something, and just scope it out. A "reckie" as it was called in the army, reconace, check it out before making any decisions. 

In Grande Prairie I have many triggers, places Chris & went together, thing's he showed me, places he took me, and time's we spent together. Happy and sad time's now, but still fresh in my memories. It's one year coming up since the time he was run down, and as always I feel something needs to be done, and I don't know what! 

Time and just thinking has a way of getting to what needs to happen I find, pressing for this doesn't usually get the results I'm looking for, so when I'm unsure I like to give it time, and surprisingly the idea comes to me in time. I feel "still" right now, not really sure exactly what to do, but I do know it'll come. 

Jack & Wendy have two granddaughters & another on the way, Polly just said to me Wendy invited her to a baby shower for her daughter, be fun I'm sure. I watched Wendy & Jack with there granddaughter and she's so cute, and a real firecracker I think. Is nice to be involved with their family here, and watch these kids grow up as we visit. 

I have a plan for Colton's play house that I've been kinda dreaming of, I'm not sure exactly what it will turn out like, but a castle look is what I'm seeing in the picture I have I got from the Internet. I'm going to use pallets, I've been planning this awhile now, want a place that's dry and challenging for him to play in their backyard. Ciara has some pallets that she picked up already, I'll get more as needed. 

A walk is in order now, coffee #2 ☕ is just about done, 7:45 and I'm about ready. 

Sun's up now, day's beginning, I'm off fo a bit of exercise now.

Love our life as we travel, ❤️🤗




No comments:

Post a Comment