Tuesday 8 August 2023

Qualicum Bay native campground for 2 weeks


I just love the beach, the ocean, the sights, smell, and the sounds are all so great. They all bring back such fond memories of times from gee, my childhood till now. I'm surprised at that, I just realized as I was writing that some of my earliest memories are planted at the Beach. 

As a child we lived in Victoria, and the breakwater as we called it was not far, I spent most of my time there, learning about many things that all were connected to the ocean 🌊
Now I'm here I know we will have a relaxing time, as no highway waiting, of pressure to go here go there. 

Our time here previously was always good, now after a very busy, yet enjoyable time at Sunfest I'm sure this will be a laid-back time here. Our last visits with friends and family will visit here or us visiting them, before we sail off the island on one of our dependable BC Ferries ⛴️. (Pun intended)

I sigh now, like letting the air out lol, Sunfest was great, we had so much fun, ending with more Friends and the final show with Blake was also great as expected. Looking back now we were very laid back to start, then as the weekend continues we got busier, trying to see so many entertainers. Kinda blew me away. Polly and I stayed in one place more, waiting for the next act, rather than tromp over to the late night stage, A&C had way more energy that us. 


.       Before extra friends 

     During the concert 🎢
     with Ray Cindy & Barb 
      Blake's performance 
This pic from our neighbors that were close
our crew just before we left Monday morning 

            
I'm glad we went, and seeing Blake was our goal, a long with spending time with Americo and Claudette, that was so perfect, really good to see them and have them to ourselves for some time. 

Today is laundry day along with a visit with my sister and her husband at their place, always an invite to do our laundry there, this time we will, we want to visit with them anyway. Be a nice start to time here in Qualicum. I'll want to go for a walk with Dan, see where he walks now, is a new home for them, and I haven't really spent time there yet. Be a nice day I'm sure πŸ€—

I took a walk earlier, I'm starting to get into a start the coffee ☕ brewing, and go for a walk, then when I get back it's all ready! This morning a walk on the beach was in order, it took awhile to go along and find an entrance between the campers, but found it I did, and to the beach. I found the stairs I made a few years ago, not as they were, but still here.


As I walked I found the feeling was so much different now, not as full of wonder, I'd been here before, and it felt like it, like "bin there, done that" kinda feeling, hmm I guess I'm gonna have to look around a little further from here this time. 

Hearing a duck just now, maybe a loon? Was nice to hear, as it flys by. That's some of what I came for, now the crows LoL, that's not in unfamiliar sound πŸ˜‚πŸ˜†. 

Pollys up now, I'm about finished here.

Love this life we both do was a very good sleep last night! πŸ€—❤️🎢🎢🎢







No comments:

Post a Comment