Saturday 12 August 2023

Sleep is over rated!

       Early morning at Qualicum Bay

I am happy to sleep when I'm tired, when it's dark, when the day is done, also if I feel tired during the day, which I often do, a nap ๐Ÿ˜ด is not beyond me ๐Ÿ˜€ but the whole sleep in, miss daybreak, the action that happens as the world wakes up is fantastic!
I know I wake too early almost every day, I like the early morning sounds smells, and sights, so much happens at this time. The light is perfect for views as well as photos, and if you're not liking it, just wait a moment, it'll change. 

I'm sitting here with coffee ☕☕ number 2 on a log, watching other's wander the beach looking for? Whatever! 
   Look at a photo of myself, always critical ๐Ÿ˜†

   The raft that someone built is still here. 

Even yesterday getting up early, I managed to get my nap in before company came, and had a really nice day, beach time I'm calling it, we had been in Port Alberni, locked in kind of staying put due to the road restrictions since the fire at Cameron lake. So being here is some time to say goodbye to friends and family before we jump off the island, and time to enjoy the beach. 

I stretch a bit, my backs sore, not unusual, my eyes water now often, my whatever hurts LoL, pains almost everywhere lol, just getting old feels like old! At the same time I remind myself that I'm fortunate to be here on the beach with my coffee ☕ writing this, watching the guls flying towards me, people picking on the beach, early sun in my face, warm. Nothing like it, I smile ๐Ÿ˜Š now, yeah the pains go away when you are busy doing what you love! 

I've learned Iove to write, take pictures of many things, listen to the sounds as I write, well peck here, is a very calming experience. Friends bing-ing with messenger, giving a hi how are ya, gawd life is good, back never hurt all this time I laugh to myself. I'm guessing I just gotta stay busy, and concentrate on something else, then the pains all fly away for the time being!

Had a really nice talk with a friend as I wrote here, I'm always amazed at how connected we can be if we want to be. Talked with my daughter earlier, that happens often during the day, and others as I go, our niece sent a message, not going to get a visit with them as busy when we be passing by, maybe next year! 

Planning travel ahead is interesting, still always a possibility list is what we do, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, always something comes to us. 

Jet's here this morning, was nice to have him stay last night, will spend time with him today, be a nice visit. Dinner was great last night, I'm sure the band at the pub will be fun tonight too, friends coming down Don & Bev, will camp here a few days too. I have to say this going to be a great time at the beach! 

Love our life we do! ๐Ÿค—❤️









No comments:

Post a Comment