Tuesday 1 August 2023

Here we are this morning at Lake Cowichan

. Art is where you find it, this was art defaced
         at Drac's Castle by Cumberland 
I noticed the initials like Christopher's CWB 😀


The drive down was great, short drives are such a pleasure now, great way to start our travel again. Our time in Courtenay was really good, got a good visit with friends Darcy & Pat, Ray & Cindy, & Barb at Wendy's Birthday party at Kitty Coleman campground, we have to go back again sometime, was a really nice spot, just a windy evening. 

Being intertwined in our friendships with these friends is different when Americo & Claudette are not there, as they introduced us to these friends. We love them all, just something missing not having Americo & Claudette there. We did have a fun time at Simms park, rocking to the ACDC tribute band, Cindy called and asked us if we were going? Yes! For Sure 😀

Had a great time with Brad on Sunday morning, we have rekindled, renewed, remet! It's been a long time, we started with Facebook some messages, and wanted to meet again, was as good or better than I thought our meeting would be. I induced him to Paulette, then not long and we were off to see a place he had posted that I really wanted to see myself. 

The ride out in his Tracker was great, getting to know each other again, see he was very young when we knew each other. I'm friends with his father, and before we left Port his dad Brian and Stepmother Lyn had Polly and I over for breakfast, and we caught up. Was really a good visit that we wanted to have, as many years had past since we talked. 

As Brad and I drove to headquarters powerhouse as it's called, we jumped into conversation quickly, as we knew we only had so much time. We covered a lot of ground in the conversation, as there was much that had happened since we had seen each other. Was an intensely great time getting to know each other again, and putting the pieces in place, connecting the dots as some say. 

The place we went to was really off the beaten path, and surprisingly right beside the road. I was expecting to have to hike into it, and as we left the side of the road, he stopped, and I turned, and there was this huge cement structure!
I was as another friend says, Gobsmacked 😮 WOW, this was something of history that was so interesting, such a long time ago, a Saw Mill I'm told, that never really got to start cutting logs. 

We took a good look around, I started looking at the art first, then the trees that had grown around it, most 50+ years old.
Then before we left I was looking at the structure, how it was put together. Brad said he couldn't find much on this, I looked later and not much, but one day when I return I'm going to the museum to see what I can find on it. 

Our ride home was even more interesting and intense conversation, was so much ground to cover getting to know each other again. Oh yeah, he took me to another place too, Drac's Castle, also much history here, all to do with coal mining.

I learned Brad, like me likes to look around, see the sight's here. 

When we got back to the trailer Polly was just about to bake some cookies 🍪, but Brad was going to a live feed rocking with his band, so had to leave before the cookie's were done. Was a real treat to meet Brad again, and get to know him, we will meet up again when we are in Qualicum Bay, all going right. A short visit was great 👍


Got a good visit with our grandson Jet on Sunday, he helped us with getting some of our stuff outta the crawl space, we have 4 less boxes there now. Was really nice hanging out with Jet, not so much a kid now, grown up and working, he's doing good. We are both very happy for him. On the way home I just had to let him know he's very fortunate now, he has a summer job at a sheet metal shop in town, and I want him to know how easy it is to screw something up, and to make a good go of it. I'm sure he understands, he knows we love him and hope the best for him. 

When we stopped at his house his step Mom Jessica came home, got to talk with her abit, that was good as got another visit planned in a couple weeks while we are in Qualicum Bay, an overnight visit. Now I'm thinking be nice if Jesse could come up too. LoL, funny how I wanna get people all together, cousin's, friends, family. Just a natural way I guess. 

And poof, now we are here. On the way down we stopped and transferred a few of our photos to Shayla, just get them outta the crawl space, and hanging again, was nice to see her again, also have a plan to visit with her at Qualicum Bay before we leave the island. So much we have to look forward to. 

We had a call from Ciara yesterday afternoon, she's having a tough time of it, we listened, but hard to know exactly what to say, what to do. Polly got me to show her a photo of Chris with Colton that she got printed, Polly says she really likes this one, really is Chris Polly says.
Ciara was just broke up, we didn't expect this. Will be there by end of August Polly says, but at this moment Ciara's having a tough time. The day to day for her is different than for us, we lost our son, she lost her fiance her partner in life 😟 

Will talk with her again today as the day develops, every day another opportunity I see, today we have a friend coming out to visit here, a friend that was our neighbor in Ladysmith. She lost her husband a few years ago now, still a hole in her life I'm sure, we've kept connected, I believe always will be. They became really good friends John & Carole, some really fun times we had. 

Life throws you some very unexpected turns, you just have to do the best with what comes I believe, I've heard many sayings about this, most of them alude you when you're in the thick of sadness. I choose to be moving forward mostly, not that I can't get hung up once in awhile, but I choose to see the brightness in life. 

5:30 now, I see the light coming through the windows, another coffee ☕, and then a walk about, is a beautiful place we picked to stay.

On my walk yesterday I saw this wild flower, something I've never seen before here

I didn't swim here yesterday, but I surely will today. Life is never so good that it couldn't get better, and here we are heading towards our best life 🤗❤️

Sure love this life 🤗❤️






No comments:

Post a Comment