Wednesday 22 November 2023

Feeling like a slouch, comparing to others.

I woke this morning 6:30am, best sleep in a long time. Washed my face, took a look at my face in the mirror, hmm haircut looks good I think.

Into the kitchen made coffee, put the clean, dry dishes away. Now on the phone looking at what today brings.

I notice outside the beautiful pink clouds filled the sky, so after pouring a coffee I slip outside to take a photo. After I gauked in awe of the beauty a man walks by, I remember him, he introduced himself and his wife a couple days ago, George & Julia from Parksville, in a Reflection just down the road here.

George seemed to be on a mission, walking but he did stop for a bit, we talked about people that are here from the island, he mentioned a couple that pulled in yesterday, I said Ivo & Patti Solda, yes that's them. Then he told me he gets up early, 6am to the gym, then a walk about, and another at 7am. I talked about the dinner tomorrow for Thanksgiving. Then off he went in his walk. 

I thought he's probably going to pickle ball later. That meeting gave me the slouch feeling, like I just don't do enough, I'm not as full of energy as many here. George seems so motivated, I am happy to sit here and look at the phone, and watch the sun come up while I drink my coffee this morning like most every morning, just today it's light out while I sip away. 

Am I a slouch 🙁, I don't think so, I have times where I giver still, but mostly I'm more sedintary than I used to be, and I think that's OK. I don't have a thing to prove to myself, or to others, now or ever. I did feel slouch after George told me his routine, then I thought about it, and I'm happy with how I am, so can't beat that. 

I like to take photos, I love talking with people, I think way too much, I love writing, if I think of all I do I'm no slouch, I just have different interests. We have played poker here most day's, both Polly and I love it. We don't play alot when north, but here games are many, so we enjoy it and the people while we can. 

Today is trailer wash and wax, I'm sure will be a good day for it, the winds almost quit, and the crew of 3 people will do a really good job. Then Polly has lights she wants to hang, and decorations that will be placed. I'm not as much into it, but Polly is. Will be nice to see it all the decorations lit up after Thanksgiving here, this park really does it up, one guy leads the group, he's really into it 

Another sip of coffee, another bit of writing, gee I'm so darn happy right now. 

Life is good I love our life 🤗❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment