Sunday 19 November 2023

Poof that's how the week went.

    Morning exercise class 


"Time flys" is a saying we've all heard, or said. This week it really did. Started out the end of a cold I had Monday, so I stayed home from poker that day, didn't do to much, slept a little more. Then the week just flew by, poker every day at noon, Wednesday went to poker in the morning and evening. The pool attracted me a couple times, the hot tub too. A few times we just stayed in, as the day was busy. 


Dinner out at our friends Don & Constance's home Thursday, was Mmm good, cards after dinner was fun, Don always making us laugh.

Don showed me how he cooked the ribs Mmm good 

     Beef short ribs were for our dinner 

We like the slow starts to our mornings, not getting going till 10 or so is something we are getting used to, I'm still fighting with the sleep, but I did have a couple nights I slept till it was light out. Today I'm up early, but I expected it, I had a nap yesterday.

Friday was the welcome back dinner & dance at the resort, was a fun evening, we sat with people we never met before, was a really fun evening. Joking and getting to know the group, they were all known to each other, didn't take long to get acquainted though. 10 at the table, 7 of us Canadian, 3 from USA

    Alice in wonderland was the theme 
    I took a picture of the managers too

We had a good dinner and 1 dance, then we left early, my back was not liking the chairs that were at the dining table. 

There was a ball game on between Fortuna and our resort, we had planned to go, but decided against it at the last moment as wanted to put up our new tent, & Polly had laundry she wanted done.


I ordered the tent we decided on, one just like our friends. It came a couple days ago, but we had a few days of rains so didn't get to putting it up till today.

 
     Foggy the day after the rain

We are both happy with this, our "Arizona Room" as Polly calls it, it's nice to have a little protection when sitting outside, from sun and wind. Putting it up was good thanks to our friends experience, we knew to watch the video first. The instructions sent with the tent was very basic, but did help with the setup.


In the late afternoon, 4pm I finished nailing the tent down , and tieing it to stakes, then put the carpet floor in, and chairs and a table, got a beer for Polly & I so we could try it out. We called our friends in Courtenay, had a visit on the phone. Told them we wished they were here, so did they. Was fun talking with them, even if we couldn't have em over for a drink and dinner. 


That is one thing about traveling, you can't bring everyone with you, but we make friends where ever we go too. 

We sat outside talking till the guy from Spectrum, our internet provider showed up, we had some trouble with it not connecting. He came out late and did a really good fix up, now good internet, and he rerouted the equipment so it's in the basement now, so out of our way, not inside the living room. The service guy was very good, he stayed till after dark fixing the problem, a bad connection fitting, and a new box, all good now.

As he worked we talked, I related Christopher's accident to him, as he asked me about my children, he has two, and two grandchildren. We talked about the way we were brought up, and how people are different now, he is 40 as was Chris. He said when he was a kid if he got in trouble, he had to hold books out arms length, at the same time kneel on bottle caps edge up to teach him to behave. He said he learned respect, respect his elders, and respect the police.

He tells his boys, don't argue with the police, you won't win he says to them, just say yes, and take the ticket. His boys like to push the limit, as we often did when young, he says he tells them don't, you must just walk away. He said to me he couldn't imagine my pain in loosing my son. 

I said tell your boys this, because if Chris had walked away, he'd still be here, so walk away from the BS, just walk away.

Hay-Zuse is his name, he is a good guy to stay so late, I told him I really appreciate it. 

I signed for the new equipment he installed , we said our goodbyes. Polly had stayed in the tent the whole time we were working on the internet equipment. We had planned to go for dinner, but it was leftovers instead, we were both OK with this. Dinner in was great tonight, we had music at dinner, music video's, the Rolling Stones & Lady GaGa, was a nice way to end our day. 

We started to watched a short series I had seen advertised, "The Railway Men", we didn't finish, but was a very interesting show about what happened when a factory leaked a deadly gas into the air that killed thousands of people. December 2-3, 1984. A huge disaster, thousands killed. Still to this day people suffer there. 


Now it's Sunday morning again, Poof the weeks done, and another begins. 

We're not moving fast, but enjoying the moments, retired life is good. 

Love our life 🤗❤️




No comments:

Post a Comment