Wednesday 29 November 2023

That Christmas tug!

          Suset last night was beautiful 

I start feeling the "Christmas Tug" I call it at a different time every year. This year it's starting before December starts, I know not why, or when. I just feel it, and there it is. I didn't even realize it till I was talking with a friend and it came to me, I was feeling it. Talking with my daughter this morning, I'm thinking might be part of it too. Maybe all the photos of people putting up their trees, or the decorations, and plans. Just happens.

I'm thinking we'll get busy and soon the day will come and that'll be it, over. But till then plans are to go to LA for a few days and visit friends there, and on return here, will have Christmas dinner with friends here, friends from cards that we've known for awhile. Will be nice I'm sure. 

Looked at the weather north, foggy all week it's been in Port, I really don't miss that, worked in that lots. Will be nice to jump in the pool on Christmas morning, I love to do that, just because I can, don't want to miss a chance to enjoy a nice warm pool on Christmas day, then the hot tub to top it off👍🎄

That's become my new Christmas since retirement, pool always my favorite part of this winter escape. Sun also, is so nice to have more sun. I don't really want to sit in it all the time, not a sun hog, just a little here and there, but nice to know it likely always there when I want to enjoy it. 

Still the tug happens, I just acknowledge it, know it happens, and go on. Sometimes I just think too much, lol 😂 

Today we plan to go shopping, I have a parcel to send, and a few things we want at the store, as well as groceries, gotta eat. There is a band at the pool at 4, might have to check it out today. We had a howling at the moon celebration to go to last night, but neither of us really into it, so we stayed put. 

We watched a good movie last night, "The last Laugh" with Chevy chase & Richard Dreyfess, was funny and true about the last of our lives, I couldn't imagine going into an old folks home, neither did they want to. Made us think alright. 

Sometimes I think we're running away from getting old, but mostly I think we are running, we'll walking towards the stuff we want to do, see, feel, enjoy in our life. No matter how you do it your always somewhere missing something, or someone. Can't be everywhere, or with em all. So here we are this year, and next who knows, that is how we roll as the saying goes. 

Time waits for no one, so "do it" as Nike likes to think they invented, just go forth and do what you can with what you have. 

I often say Giver, giver all ya got! Is that a motto? Who knows, I just think in life we should be doing what we love, and love what we're doing. 

How's that for a buncha words. 


7:35, Pollys still sleeping 😴, I'm going to go for a walkabout now, can't sit and peck here too long, Oops I feel the trailer moving, she's up now. We'll I'll wait a bit, have a little chin wag with Polly before I go. We know what the others doing most the time, 7:38 Polly says, coffee ☕ now, into the microwave, then we'll talk. 

OK, talk over, out now met new neighbors, and their dog Frankie, a beautiful black and white with a tiny bita brown Boarder Collie, going to really like this I am. 

Life is good, walk time, love our life 🤗❤️


No comments:

Post a Comment