Monday 30 January 2023

My thoughts on our way home from Kenya.

On the plane again, time on my hands and awake, watched 2 movie's already, not interested in anymore. We had breakfast, 🍳 and lunch, stewardesses now handing out water again for 2nd time, trying to keep us all okπŸ‘Œ Stewardesses work hard, looking like they're pretty and nice, but watching them on this flight I see them doing many hours keeping people comfortable. 
I look about, 6 hrs more to go, sun's shining in as 1 window cover is open, another just opens, people now starting to be aware, been a long time quiet. A couple young kids, 2 years old or so, parents trying hard to keep them entertained, and not fussing. Most still sleeping 😴, but slowly the plane full will wake now. 

Me I'm happy to have decided to write, the more I do this the more I enjoy the creative part of thinking, and putting it here.
The screens are showing a plane turning about right now, then the route, we are above the middle of the Atlantic now, heading towards Miami, from Dubai. Seats are comfortable, until you are in them long. 

Polly is sleeping beside me, and and Indian man is beside her, he has window seat. He's now awake, watching a movie, he's been sleeping most the way so far, he's been on planes twice to get to Dubai from Deli, he works in Miami, second person from India we have met that works there, from India. 

So far has been a very good ride, little bit bumpy, every once in awhile, but really it has been good. Our seats are middle of the plane, 29-B-C, I can see the business class curtain they draw from here, I did think of getting one of those seats this time, but $640.00 each extra, just too much for me to do. 

A mother and her young girl just walk past, she's trying to keep her calm, the little girl slightly whining, now not happy, as the Mom keeps waking back and forth. Polly's such a good sleeper, I can sleep hard, but short bits. 

I picked a couple sappy movies today, I felt kind of emotional leaving our camp yesterday morning, saying goodbye to all, was a very good time we all had together, learning so much about the way others live on the other side of the world. 

I finished watching the movie about the Marsh Pride, called "Lion: The Rise and the Fall of the Marsh Pride" about a Lion 🦁 pride that has been decimated by poisoning from people, killed with Spears, and generally run to an end so people can have the land for there cows to graze on. I started watching it on our way to Cotter's, finished it today, was sad to see how man operates, many are trying to change the behavior, but the poison is still available, and still being used, spears not so much. One boy interviewed in the movie said his father was sent to jail for killing a lion. The Lion had killed one of his cattle. 

 The wild Africa we saw, is in smaller area's now, and shrinking all the time. Conservation is being forwarded, but many that live in Africa, their cows goats and sheep, are all they have to make their living. Other opportunities are being created, but not nearly fast as needed to stop the expansion of the domestic animals invading the wild lands. 

Yes I learned a lot while I was there, we all did. Will we like most return to our lives and go on, not doing anything to help change it? Good question, I'm not sure, but I do know the Safari group we were with is doing something. Calvin Cotter and his wife, and many others are continually working to change the way the people are with the animals in the conservancy they manage.

The way the conservancy has grown as it is the only way, once hunting was banned in 1977 in Kenya poaching increased as people had no other way to earn $$. When the government goes after the poachers, then what's left for them? Farming! Of course that changes the land use, wild animals suffer differently now, farm animals grazing becomes more important. As the farms grow, the wild animals suffer.

I'm not sure the plan, I'm going to read up more about it when we are home, but I do know from Doug, a gold rated guide at Cotter's that is involved in the conservancy on the board, says Calvin's plan is 3 steps, and so far they have completed step #1, and are working on #2. 

I wonder what I can do to help? I'm going to research this, as I understand more interest, can help change it. 

As we flew into Nairobi yesterday, I noticed so much construction, big huge buildings, and house's like we have in our country, huge. I don't see the village's changing, at least not yet. Always money the objective, I wonder if the people we saw in the village will get to see any of the $$, what can they do to improve their lives? 

     Each photo closer to Nairobi shows the                       increase in development 


They seem happy, no power to there village, a stick fence to protect them from there cattle and themselves from the wild animals, a community that is just barely making it is how I see it through my eyes, but happy, the kids all smiles. Who knows, changes that come may not be wanted, or help? 

          I'll never forget this moment ❤️

Hmm, never know, might be a determent having what we see as a better life? I watch our society now, people all drugged up, our kids, & adults playing video games to all hour's, eating poorly, excecise, all but gone. Who knows, the village may be the better way? Who knows. 

All I do know is I'm on a plane headed back to our trailer, and my bed will feel much better than the kids that may be sleeping on the dirt floor, inside a smoke filled little hut. 

Polly's awake now, busy with her game she likes to play on her phone,  she asked when she woke, "What time is it? Are we almost there?" LoL I'm going to look in a minute, see once more how long we have yet. 

The drive to our trailer from the airport will go fast, about 11/2 hours. Polly's thinking we are going to town for dinner. I'm thinking we be falling into bed LoL πŸ˜†

See how it goes, I know we will eat again on this plane before we land, at least we did last time. As I finnish writing the little girl is now getting very vocal, not happy sitting still I'm thinking. Neither am I, time to go for a walk to the bathroom again, even just to get up. 

Yep I'm done, was nice to just think, and write again, during our time in Africa we were way too busy for writing, but I did much thinking.

The beds going to feel so nice πŸ˜΄πŸ’€πŸ’€

Love our lifeπŸ€—♥️

No comments:

Post a Comment