Friday 27 January 2023

Thoughts on the way to Africa

On the plane, headed to Nairobi, I noticed the time 4:20, funny how this reminds me of Chris. First time I've really had a memory that didn't go sad right away. Is this a change up, or just a little bit of healing happening. 

Ted said he had a rough couple days this week, Ciara too. Steve called to give me a good vibe, he heard "Big League" on the radio, and he called. That felt so nice 👍

I'm thinking I'm starting to heal, just a little. I talked with Ciara this week about how I can remember a time that I was overwhelmed, and now I'm feeling just that little bit better. I talked with Penny about this too, was kinda different week, had so much good coming that the hurt didn't really have room to get in. 

We had a plan Polly and I, to go to Africa on safari, and during our summer visit with Mike & Linda we met her friend Carla, and talked about Africa and going on a safari, she had been many times. She had a trip planned, and invited us to join the group. We jumped at it, as was something we wanted to do, and timing was great.

Here we are now, almost to Nairobi, and in another day we will be at Cotter's Safari camp, in our tent, and riding the Kenyan wild with a guide, and a spotter in a jeep, looking at many animals we have never seen before. This feels like a dream come true, we both are very great full to have this opportunity. 
Polly points to the time, 2hrs to our destination, was a very long journey today, 14hrs to Dubai, then 51/2 to Nairobi. We arrive at 6:30am, we are traveling with 5 others on the plane, we met them at the airport, was quick, but looking forward to meeting all the group this afternoon, at 4:30 for drinks, and get together before dinner at a very nice restaurant. 

The window seat I have has a black view right now, but as we pull into Nairobi I'm hoping a mix of first light & city light's will be the view. Dusk is beautiful, but I believe nothing beats first light! 

I lay my head back a moment and think, lucky us. The stewardesses on the Emirates flights are all dressed in uniform that looks so smart, I forgot how dressy they could look. And here to start they have a special hat, with a sash tucked in, making them really look Arab like. 

Quiet and experience, very nice airline, with classy uniforms, and great service. Still when in the bottom ticket price, not much room in the seating though. Is a huge Jet, Boeing 777-300er 3 seats each side, and 4 across the middle. Lucky we are on the side, not the middle. 

Polly is sleeping, I finished my snooze, I can only sleep a small amount today, excitement is overwhelming, especially right this moment, as getting closer. I have to admit I had a couple times the feeling of, 😳 I can't just get off! But that went away quickly, just the feeling was real. 

Maybe I've just put the feelings of sad away for awhile, but I really think I've turned, or am turning the corner. I've many good memories of Chris, and that I know I'll keep alive in my mind, just I know sad can't and won't stay with me forever. The good is what I'll be remembering more of as time goes, I'm sure of that. 

A little bit of tears now, but not so sad as I was. Life truly does go on. 

Hug's to Chris and everyone 🤗🤗🤗❤️❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment