Thursday 27 July 2023

Good morning from the other side πŸ˜€


Polly never likes it for me to say "from the other side"  I laugh as I've said it before, I'm not saying it like that, I'm on the other side of the mountain LoL πŸ˜„

We pulled up our jack's yesterday moving to the Arbutus RV shop in Port Alberni for wheelbearing inspection and repacking, and a brake check ✔️, all checks out ok. Got in a few last visits with friends & family and off we went to the other side of Vancouver island, Parksville for a couple nights. 

Our friends in Parksville had invited us to stay in the field beside there home a few years ago, and then again when we visited them here in the spring, this time we took them up on it as we wanted to be in this area for a few days, Dr appointments, and a concert 🎢 tonight, Valdys playing here in Parksville.

We left town yesterday at about 4pm, road out was closed Tuesday night as winds and crane malfunction held up passing on the road, was closed still yesterday morning until later in the day. We of course always lucky got through in less than 5 minutes, didn't even get to call our friends which I was about to do when the cars started moving. We were really surprised, and happy to be on our way. 

We got to Dan & Bonnie's not long after, before 5pm I think, got parked and setup. A beer and some yak yak was in order now, and a viewing of our trailer also was done, Dan said "Don't show Bonnie, she'll want one" LoL, well Polly gave her a tour through it, they have a really nice home, I think Dan's safe. 

         Early morning here in Parksville

We had visited here a few times, is a beautiful place with eagles nesting close by, hawk's, deer, and so many rabbits, also this morning I hear the rooster πŸ“. I guess I'm destined to be close to my alarm. LoL. I took a walk about early, through the field to the road at the edge of the town of Parksville, what a great place to live, Dan & Bonnie made a great decision to move here when Dan was done working, closer to Bonnie's Mom, and a beautiful place to retire. 




       Deer had it's eyes πŸ‘€ on me

Today we have Dr appointments in Chemainus with our Dr, annual checkup, make sure all is good πŸ‘. Then a concert tonight, Valdys here at the museum, looking forward to this. Then move tomorrow to Courtney to visit friends there, and have a good look through the stuff we have in their crawl space, always want to reduce our amount of stuff. 

Polly's up now, a little complaint about the time 6:00am, LoL she's not used to being up so early, I laugh. Is so darn quiet now, I hear the clock ticking 
Thanks again Julie for this great clock πŸ€—❤️


Sun's up now, I'm about to go for a little longer walkabout, I always like to look around when we stop somewhere new. The beach isn't far away from here, maybe a walk there? But right this instant, I'm feeling really comfortable just sitting here with the sun coming up beside Polly pecking on this phone 😊

We are both happy to be out traveling again, even if just short hopps right now, just to get moving again. We talked about this yesterday on our way out of Arrowvale, we both like the travel, movement creates a certain enjoyment for us, hard to explain, but just excitement and comfort at the same time. 


Planning is long range, but I often leave bits of that to the last minute, so yesterday morning I decided to leave Courtenay on Monday and camp in lake Cowichan for a couple days before we go to Sunfest. I talked with Polly about it, she agreed as it gives us a chance to catch-up with friends in that area before we go to the concert πŸŽΆπŸ˜„

Having the trailer checked out, and the truck brakes done, that gives me some peace of mind, I feel prepared for our trip north then south now, feels comfortable. Coffee ☕ is good this morning, and sun's feeling warm, Polly by me, what more could a man want! 

Life is good 😊 love this lifeπŸ€—❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment