Monday 25 September 2023

Sunday morning, rainy afternoon yesterday 😁

     Chase's Birthday at the motorcycle track

Was a really good day again yesterday, what can I say I'm fortunate to have the best days often! Some say it's attitude, some personality, some even think it's having your head in the clouds, me I just think I'm fortunate to have a good outlook on life. I think we are all able to do this, free world, in this country anyway, so make your choice, and run with it. That's how I see it anyway.

Today I'm going to empty the sewer, sounds like a job nobody wants hey, well somebody has to do it, and here that's me. Polly does the cooking & cleaning mostly in here, I do the outside stuff, and sewer is part of that.
Oh! Thanks for breakfast today Polly, bacon πŸ₯“ and eggs 🍳 today πŸ˜€ Mmm.

Maintaining our home is different than a regular home 🏠, the roof has tendency to have cracks form in the seals that join the roof with the sides and the other joints all around the skylight and other things that stick through the roof. So this has to be checked out at least once a year, I usually go up twice or more, check it out. I resealed the only crack I found a week ago while the weather was still warm, so I'm confident that no leaks as we approach the fall. 

Also many other things come up as we travel that have to be attended to, some you can schedule, and others you attend to as they come up. This year I got the wheel bearings serviced in Port Alberni before we left, that gives me confidence that no wheel bearing problem as we travel this fall, along with other maintenance done, so far feeling very confident in our trailer & truck. 

I couldn't finish this blog yesterday, as was a fairly busy day, until a nap came to me LoL, then I took the time on a Sunday to relax full. We had a visit with Ciara & Colton, saw Chase and his friend for awhile as we were coming into the house playing basketball πŸ€. A visit with Colton always entertaining, he was in fine form yesterday. After we left Ciara sent a video of Colton with whiskers drawn on his face, sounding like a cat, was so funny 🀣🀣

We had a visit with Wendy and Jack when we got home, and a small repair on Jack's squirter for his wipers, did I nap again? πŸ˜† then later we went out for dinner, no cooking last night. Was a very nice day, a movie last night recommended by Netflix was not too bad "The Black Book" .

Today a bit more on the castle for Colton, be almost finished this week all going well. I hope to get the stain on and be done by the end of the week. Has been a really fun time building this, along with Colton's help LoL. Steve helped last week one day, that gave me a little push. Once I got the windows in that really got it looking like what I had envisioned.
Funny how you build love into a project like this, it's something you don't really pay to much attention to, until you get close to the end. ❤️

3 more weeks we plan to stay in GP, the end of our visit is coming soon, so we start to plan things that we haven't done yet that we want to, and a day to protest the lack of charges against Christopher's killer would be something I'd want to do, just not sure if I should. I've thought of it lots, just not sure I really want to. 

I'm thinking a day just to be together with friends and family and remember him would likely be more what I'd rather do, something positive! I've not yet planned anything for October 13th, the day he was run down, but I've committed to be here for that day. I'll go to where it happened for sure, I'll remember him in the best of ways, looking forward to our many visits with Ciara and her children, our grandchildren as time goes forward.

Sun's just coming up now, Polly is up. She did go back to sleep 😴 lucky Polly πŸ€—

Another bright sunny day!

I understand now why people love it here even with the long winter πŸ₯Ά lot's of sun 🌞

South is our next destination 🌞🌴☀️

Love this Life, all of it πŸ€—❤️










No comments:

Post a Comment