Tuesday 5 September 2023

That first swig of coffee ☕ in the morning Mmm good!

Every morning I wakeup, think for awhile, then bathroom to pee, give my face a wash, next make the coffee ☕. Today one more step comes, I stop on the way outta the bathroom and turn up the thermostat to warm up our home. Fall 🍁 has definitely arrived, and quickly, from smoke and warm weather to rain overnight, and cool weather not just in the night, but during the day. 

I love being in shorts most all the time, but now going to have to start putting on pants 👖 again, brr 🥶. I knew it would come, I just thought we would have a few more weeks of the nice warm days we had been having, but I took a good look at the map of our content yesterday, and WOW, we are really far north.

My Brother-in-law Danny did say "always a snowfall in September," I'm hoping we make it outta here before too much snow.

My early morning routine will change, but coffee ☕ always my go to, is Mmm good first thing in the morning. Warm and tasty, I put a spoon of honey in it, as I just don't like it completely black. I can hear the pot on as it heats, the cools before it heats again, I'm tuned into this sound, as if I don't turn it off after my second cup, then Polly has burnt tasting coffee when she gets up. 

Another glug, and maybe now I can think LoL, I do have much to do here in Grande Prairie, but so far we have had a real fun weekend, great dinners, and family over, with Colton the star as his performance keeps us laughing and darn busy chasing him around. I have to say he sure has our heart's, such a busy and wonderful child. Reminds me of his father, and of me. He really goes for what he wants, whatever his mission, he goes after it with gusto!

We have a little rain forecast today, but I'm planning on starting on his fort/playhouse castle in their backyard. I looked at the area with a tape measure yesterday, looking like a 8' x 7' building, about 4' tall to the first floor, then an upper floor that the slide and climbing wall will go up to. Just now I'm imagining how he will be as I build it, will he help? Will he teach me what he wants? I saw him on Sunday here, in and out of the gazebo, he likes the curtain that hangs down, how it touches his head, I will try to make that in his doorway. 


I've been planning this for awhile now, not sure it will look exactly the same, but I do want a covered area he can play in outside, a place he can be where his mom can watch him, but he is able to create and play outside on his own or better yet, with friends. Also with me as he does like to be with Polly and I, following around, helping him get up, and down, and watch him play as he goes in that park down the road. That parks nice, but Mom hasn't always got time to go there, so this be a nice place for him to be right outside the door.

The fort will be his though, his little domain. Mmm, last glug of my first cup ☕, now go for my second ☕.  


Just got a message from Ciara, kids up and getting ready for school, feels nice reading that they are up, as Chase has a friend Carson staying with them now, so be two of them going to school today from their home. 

I'm sure Colton would like to go too, but a few more years before he will be going, I'm sure that's going to go by fast! As we will likely only see them once or maybe twice a year, it will go by really fast. The talking and seeing each other on the phone only does so much, but much better than writing letters. 

I'm looking forward to going south this year again, also sad as missing everyone here and on the island. Can't have it all, but I'm always trying to. 😊

A walk this morning will help with my back, I find if I walk my back seems to feel better, most every day my backs sore, but the walking helps, so this morning another 40 minutes of walking will get me warmed up for a little playhouse construction 😁

Feeling pretty darn comfortable here in this chair, stomach just growls, not going to feed it till after the walk. I hear the trucks outside, is a busy day I'm sure, everyone back to full work schedule. I sometimes think as I walk about how I'm fortunate to have made it this long, to be retired and collecting pensions while everyone is working all around me. I remember thinking as I worked, one day I'd have more time, able to do what I want, not have to go to work. Here I am, and dam it's good 👍

Polly's up now, LoL she has a mission again, cookie's, she made some dough up yesterday, and outta the fridge it comes, the scooper is on the counter 😁 gee I sure am a lucky man!


I think I'll do a few things here in the trailer before I go for my walk, I have a list I keep adding to, just for times like this, stuff I want done but not a rush, like clean the screen in the bathroom fan. Big job for this retired guy, lol 😆

Love this life! 🤗❤️







No comments:

Post a Comment