Saturday 14 October 2023

17 year old driver killed Chris, no Charges!

Well Chris's friends and family came to the place where he was hit, rundown, 1year ago yesterday, was a good turnout, signs got some people wondering slowing down to read them. We gathered and talked, laughed, cried, and just told stories of the past. Was good to see people remember him so fondly. 

I was just getting to know Chris better when he passed, and after I get to know him even better from all the stories his friends tell now. 

I wish it was different, but it is what it is! On we go in our lives, not forgetting Chris, just moving forward as life is ment to be lived. 

Soon we will leave Grande Prairie for the south, I hope to be able to sleep better, I hope that the thoughts that come to mind won't come if I wake in the future. 5am used to be my wake time, now I never know when I'll wake, 3am, 1 am, 330 seems to be often, 230 also a good time it seems, take pills to sleep still wake, just have to go through the process I think. 

Time heals all I know from past experience, but this time is different, it's taking longer than I thought it would, just can't hurry up the healing. 

We have a last few visits with Ciara Colton and family this weekend, then Monday we move a little south. Right this moment it just doesn't really matter to me, it just feels numb. Tomorrow and Sunday will be nice, the last few goodbyes, then off we go. 

I haven't made reservations in Edmonton yet, guess I'll do that tomorrow. Or last minute Monday, two possible places we could stay, both close but not in Edmonton. I hear the owl noises now. Dogs too. The highway is quite at this time, one good thing about being awake now. 

That's it, all I want to say. Funny me running out of words. 1:44am thoughts are not too bright. 

Back to bed soon. 

Zzz.


No comments:

Post a Comment