Monday 9 October 2023

Thanksgiving Day today, so much to be thankful for!

I'm thankful for family, friends and our way of life in this beautiful country ❤️ I often say how thankful I am for never having to fight in a war, I can imagine I would if I had to, but really happy I never had to. November 11th is the next holiday, I usually attend to honor the people that gave their all for our freedom. Is a solom time, and remembering them and realizing our lives could be much different if it wasn't for the battles that were fought to keep our freedoms. 

Just thinking of how we move around our country with our home and stay here, stay there, visit and see so much. I don't know we'd be able to do this if the wars had gone the other way. This freedom to roam is something I'm really thankful for, along with the pensions we have to support us, this makes it doable. 

Having friends along the way helps us out so much too, Jack and Wendy here in Grande Prairie have been great 👍, we let them know how much we appreciate them, the fun we have together, and the way they don't have expectations while we are here, we visit with them and our family here, and all's good. We often joke about when we leave, be real quiet here lol. 

Friends, I remember an uncle who said many times "You can never have too many friends!" I believe he was correct, as when we were not sure where to turn after Christopher's accident, we found friends that offered a place to stay, a place to park, a place to just get away from it all for awhile. Yes I believe you can never have too many friends 🤗❤️

Today will be a very relaxed day, Polly is still sleeping 😁 its 9:am, I'm thinking WOW, I just felt the trailer moving, she's up! WOW, that was a long sleep. That heavy cookin took alot outta Polly. Yep a relaxed day, Polly said yesterday Turkey pot pie is on the menu tonight, I love how she plans ahead. 

I'm very thankful for our relationship, Polly and I have the best friendship and marriage, I feel happy & thankful for this. Also thankful for our family, so many different people, all part of our family, all related. All spread out now, some Port Alberni some Naniamo, some Comox, some Qualicum, some Grande Prairie, extended family as well, all over western Canada. And friends all over the world, geez we sure are fortunate. 

Being able to plan our winter south, and summer north, and visit with many, and live free in our part of the world is great 👍 I'm thankful for all of this and more. 

Love our life 🤗❤️ where ever we are!




No comments:

Post a Comment