Sunday 15 October 2023

Sunday here, we are close to moving on now.

Sunday again, geez the week's are just flying by. We have had a great stay here in Grande Prairie, like our second home now, I know how to get around town almost every bit of it. The main arteries are North South, and East West, with a Bear creek in the middle diagonally. 

We have seen spring, summer, fall, & winter here, knowing all this we understand when it's time to leave, so before our wheels get attached to the ground we will mosy on down the trail towards Edmonton in our next move. Morinville RV Park is our next stop, close to family and close to Edmonton area. Looking forward to moving, even though we will miss everyone here, we are heading to the warmth of Yuma, knowing we have friends there that we look forward to seeing again. 

Traveling is something we have grown used to knowing or time has come to move, we both look forward to the trip from here to Yuma. We always like to see new places, and the route we take this time is a first for us with the trailer, we have been before in a car, but being able to stay as we go this time will be nice. Polly already wants to go around salt lake City, but I plan a Sunday morning trip thru as most will be in church then 😁

I want to stop and see Bonneville salt flats, I'm thinking nobody be there, but still I'd like to see it. Also there is a place close that is where the last spike was driven for the railroad, that'll be interesting. Polly always finds something she'd like to see once we are closer, she starts looking about, never know what she'll come up with. I look forward to this, the surprise of what's next. 

Today we will have our last dinner with family and friends, cooking the other half of the brisket we bought when we first arrived. I'm hoping to get the timing right this time, 5:30 dinner, not 8pm 😄 I woke early have the meat trimmed now, and the rub on it, just a bit more time and it'll be light enough to start, I expect 8 hours of slow cooking to be just right. 

           the brisket flat and tip separate. 
We have done much while here, visited with many, and passed on our love to many, and received much love also while here. ❤️
The fall here was beautiful this year, we moved from heat and smoke to the most beautiful fall, warm and surprisingly less windy that usual. Foggy after the rains is something that is a little unusual here, but we got that just like on the coast. Now we are infor the cold 🥶, cold nights, and warm, well now, not really warm days ahead. 

The final part of our time here culminated in the vigil for Chris, this was something I wanted to do, yet was unsure how to, or what it would be like. I made up signs the couple days ahead, finishing just before we left to go to the place. I'll never forget the rushing to finish, and the anger in some of my actions as I wrote Prosecutor, and RCMP on the boards. I used tape to make the letters, so sometimes I caught myself not cutting the tape, but ripping it, ripping with anger. 

The vigil went well, and many showed up, was really nice to hear people talking about Chris, all the good he did and was. Makes me even prouder than ever. He was a good man. 

Today we'll say goodbye to Ciara & Brett,  Colton, Chase if he comes, Laurie, Ciaras Mom, Taylor & Brett, Jack & Wendy & Gracie their dog. Been a really nice time here, and we have a reservation for next year already, that's if Jack doesn't block the driveway 😁😆

Sunday's always a favorite 🤗❤️ love our Life 






No comments:

Post a Comment