Monday 16 October 2023

Our last day in Grande Prairie was great 😀

                  Tea is served 😆

Started off with an early wakeup, but not too bad, I'm thinking 4am is ok now. I knew I wanted to get the brisket on early as last time I cooked one was 8pm before it was ready. So I got going early, did all the fat trimming and got it ready before 8am, so at first light I was ready to start. 

Well as it turns out it was ready early, which turned out in our favor, Polly was also ready early with her baking and salad making so we could enjoy our company as they came.

Of course never one thing at a time we both were preparing our home for the move today. I had all the outside stuff to get ready, sewer dumped, and all hoses cleaned and put away, everything in the basement packed away, chairs loaded, all wile checking on the brisket. Loads of hand washing as I went! 

I'd check in with Polly, " Got to turn the water off" "OK" Polly says, and then go to work dumping the sewer and then filling the water tank. Is quite a bit of stuff to do inside and out if we have been awhile in one spot. Most we kinda do a little at a time the days before we leave, but some has to be left till the last day before we leave. 


Was a busy day, but all got done, and today the lift off will be easy. I never called it a lift off before, but really that's kinda what it is, we have to lift the trailer up, and get the truck under it, attached, then set the trailer down on the pickup. So lift, and off we go 😆, will be a nice drive today. 

Our dinner worked out great yesterday, all went well, food was good, people turned up early, Jack was first, he just returned from a trip south to help a friend move. He was really tired, a long trip, I was really happy to see him, so was Gracie and Walter the dog greeting party. Always nice to have a loving greeting when ya come home ❤️

Then Ciara (dressed up beautiful) came with Colton, that's when the real busyness started. Colton didn't sit still for many moments, he was here, there, and everywhere. Thinking back now I wouldn't of had it any other way. Sometimes I was playing with him, sometimes I watched, again he got everyone involved. Just makes my heart swell how inclusive he is, fun and full of life. The center of attention wherever he went. 

Jack was now showered up and ready to enjoy life again, we sat in the yard awhile, in the sun, was really nice out. Then to the garage, where the toys were, the kids table & chairs and the tea set were well used here, so much entertainment now. Water, cups, pouring, yep it was what kept him busy while his Mom went to pickup Chase as he was home again, and would be coming for dinner now. 

Colton didn't like that mommy was leaving, he was really sad, well for a little while, then the tea set came into play. I'm shaking my head as I peck on the screen here, he was so fun. Polly with him, Jack with him, Wendy playing ball, he was with all of us, and never ran out of energy.

Ciara came back with Chase, and Colton was happy to see Mom, but much play yet to be had. I started handing out some of the burnt ends I'd made, and everyone Mmm 😋 liked them, a first for me, I'll do again. Brisket was now off the grill resting in the cooler, this works great. Ciara brought some coleslaw, and corn bread, and an assortment of wine, 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 🍷 I asked for a bottle 😆. 

Now Taylor & Brett arrive (Taylor also dressed up fine) and dinner is good to go now. It's always nice to see the fruits of your labour, and dinner was fruits of many peoples labour. Polly had made a Caesar salad, Wendy made her famous beans, buns from the Hutterite Colony, Ciara brought the coleslaw & cornbread, & wine,  then I was cutting the brisket up. I was really happy that the meat turned out so good, everyone liked it, both the burnt ends and the brisket. 

                  Burnt ends & Brisket 

I tied right into serving myself dinner, I didn't wait for others this time, I was sitting waiting while others served, I got outta the way. Thinking back now watching it all take place was so great, all worked out great 😀👍 Colton the Star in the highchair, getting lots of attention. 

Taylor came and sat beside me, Chase on the other side, sure felt good, grandchildren all around. Jack last to sit at the table, looked and said "how come I always have to sit at the kids table" LoL 😆. We all had a good laugh about this, Jack was seated next to Colton, Polly and Wendy were at the kitchen bar,  the rest of us around the table. 

Was a perfect ending, almost, Colton finished early, he was "Done" he said, that was the go for Polly, out she went and got her famous cinnamon buns for dessert. Colton was crying, he went for the candies that he found in Wendy's office, and Memere took them away, big tears 😭, then when Polly came in with the cinnamon buns he dried those tears so fast! We all had a good laugh over this 😆😆😅

We all ate too much, but most everyone found room for a cinnamon bun Mmm 😋

After dinner still full of energy Colton and Chase went at the wooden nails, then Taylor & Brett had a turn with him. He really likes this game, he gets others to do it for him, I'm thinking he's got boss qualities 😄 

                  Taylor, Colton & Brett 

Hugs and more hugs, and soon after they were all gone, last time we'll see them in person for a long while now. We do some cleanup, well I kinda just sat there really, taking it all in now. 

We played a game of tile rummy with Wendy as Jack watched 60minutes, and gave comments from the living room. Was the last game, we had scores from before, when I went out Wendy went over the 100, and Polly and I were satisfied 😄 we had each won a game then.

We got the last of the dishes out of their house, brought some dishes back, split up the leftovers, and the cinnamon buns, then the good night, and see ya tomorrow.

And today we leave. 

We have been here almost 2 months, and seems like a few weeks, has been a really nice time here, thanks so much to Jack & Wendy for their hospitality, and Ciara putting up with my, our, many visits. Was a really good time this time, Really good! 

We built memories, different memories this time ❤️🤗

Love this life we do🤗❤️








No comments:

Post a Comment