Sunday 8 October 2023

hmm, Sunday morning again, week went fast!

Looking back now it was a busy week, with much accomplished castle finished, a trip down memory lane with Larry, that was great. Some really good talk with friends and family on Messenger,  some furniture made and painted for the castle, a few games of tile rummy with Wendy and Polly, that was fun, shopping for clothes, I bought 2 pair of pants and a pair of shoes while Polly prepared early for thanksgiving dinner.



The Friday we went to dinner at Sotos restaurant, we had dinner with entertainment, made for a fun dinner. Then to a play of Patsy Cline, that made this night! Such a good play, and a short life for a very good singer. 

Yesterday we had a wonderful dinner, it was later than planned, but during that time we had a really fun time outside with Colton as our entertainer. So many great memories during this waiting time. The sun was out, I had shorts on with flip flops on. A beautiful day. Then dinner, man was that good, Polly and Wendy really made a nice dinner. Everyone was happy with the many different choices. I was carving, and then we were all eating, no thought about a photo. Man was it ever good. 


Colton he wasn't too interested in dinner, but when that desert came, he was all about that! I heard him, Mmm Mmm 😋 he really tore into the turkey cupcake, and once the cookie and the icing was done, the cupcake wasn't to interesting, so he left that. 

We had a great day, Polly created dinner, while I created a couple more chairs, Jack cleared the leaves off, and made a couple piles, and Wendy was in the kitchen and cleaning house getting ready for the troups. 



I had some very special moments, one laying in the leaves will Colton as everyone left for a moment, we layed in the leaves and looked up at the trees empty of leaves, I said "look no leaves left" and Colton stayed still a long while and looked, it took me back to days I would do this with Chris and Penny in our yard on Nelson road. Was a beautiful moment, I'll never forget with my kids and now my grandson. Lucky me! 


I can't really explain the fun we all had yesterday watching Colton, and playing with him, he was so full of energy. He shared himself around to everyone, a little bit here, a little bit there, just a very busy boy. A few drinks spilled, a few chairs wet, but no broken glasses. And golf balls everywhere, he had a blast. 

Looking back on the week it seems now it just went poof, but that's how life can be, when you're busy time just flys. Now looking forward we have one last week here, and I'm sure that'll go poof too. I know it's time to go, but I'm also feeling like I wanna stay. It'll be ok once we start to travel, we'll miss em all, but we will be seeing them on FB and messenger in the camera. 

     We sat in a circle while Colton was busy

No major plans this week ahead, Polly wants to get her hair done, Jack's got a trip planned south for a friend that's moving, I might add a few more things to Colton's castle, and surely play in and on it with him a little more. I'll make an adult seat for inside so I can join him inside. Maybe a walk to the park this week with Colton Ciara and Polly, always love that. The last few days we will be relishing I'm sure, as be a long time before we see them in person again. 

Sunday has always been a day of reflection for me, a day where I kinda take stock, think about how things are going. How was that week? what's the next look like? What's the plans for down the road now? Then after a little of that I think what about today, what's on the docket for today? Today we have no plans, cleaning up after yesterday Polly said last night, and maybe some extra rest. I'm going to make that stool for me to sit on in Colton's castle, and maybe another Knights chair. That'll be 4 knights Chris for the round table. I'm sure he'll have much fun there, he will be busy creating all sorts of memories in and out of the castle. 

I heard Polly just now, a little too early for her to get up, but sometimes when she has something she wants to get done, she's up early. I'm not thinking she'll be wanting to get going on the cleaning lol. I look around now, and it doesn't look to bad, just a few dishes, and mostly tidy up. Inside and out LoL. 

And so another week begins, as many have before. I was happy to see Ciara out, I was worried she might not come, her face was really bothering her, but she came, and laughed, and had a really good time with all of us, and forgot about it for awhile. Taylor and Brett came too, so we had 8 of us, 7 adults, and one entertainer 🤣 what a blast!

Love our life wonderful 🤗♥️


No comments:

Post a Comment